Logistics and Planning Manager
Our client is a private equity-owned company, operating in 61 countries around the globe. They are the global branded leader in the olive oil category, with iconic brands and over 150 years of history. Their mission is to inspire a healthy lifestyle and delight the consumers’ palate by offering high-quality products made using sustainable methods.
Lock Search Group is excited to partner with them to find an outstanding individual to assume the position of Logistics and Planning Manager in Toronto.
Reporting to GM Canada, and under the guidance of the VP of Operations and Supply Chain North America (dotted line reporting), the Logistics and Planning Manager provides leadership, direction, support, and drives accountability within the overall organization in the fulfillment of Customer Obligations and Sales and Operations Planning. This position will have one direct report.
Own the S&OP Process
- Lead the S & OP process, engaging all parties involved, to review Forecast vs ABP target driving action plans to successfully meet objectives
- Lead monthly consensus meetings with sales, to review forecasts to identify gaps and ensure an accurate long-term demand plan
Own the Supply Plan
- Own the Canada Supply Plan by developing and presenting an algorithmically based 18 weeks demand plan using sales history, accounting for non-standard volumes due to specific promotional or pricing activity and sales forecast
- Continuously updating this plan based on actual sales results and market conditions
- Develop supply plan, and issue purchase requisitions to manufacturing plants
- Communicate with producing plants to detect production delay problems, and changes in supply requirements
- Communicate the issue and potential solutions /alternatives to minimize the impact on service and cost
- Maintain and develop reporting to provide a status update on the demand and supply plan
Customer Service and Inventory
- Provide leadership to Customer Service and Inventory Specialist to successfully manage and deliver all customer orders through a 3rd party logistics provider.
- Oversees the receipt, processing, and follow-through to the resolution of all customer logistics issues
- Defines and implements efficient logistics processes, both manual and systematic, and policies to enable the network to operate effectively and meet required performance targets
- Provide leadership to Customer Service and Inventory Specialist to maintain accurate records of physical inventory, including scheduling regular counts, reconciliation of inventory, and overseeing the inventory control processes.
- Manage relationships with 3rdparty logistics providers, including:
- the receipt of goods into the warehouse
- quarterly business review with warehouse and transportation provider
- Develop, maintain and report on the logistics budget to support financial targets
- Negotiate customer CPU agreements to improve logistics cost
- 5 to 10 years of experience within a Supply Chain, or Customer Service environment with progressive management responsibility.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Organization, task management, and leadership skills are crucial to success
- Must possess a comprehensive understanding of logistics cost structures and capabilities within both the transport and warehousing environments and typical timeframes for execution
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art supply chain business processes and systems
- Must be proficient in various software programs and ERP, including SAP, Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Customer-centric – considers the viewpoint of internal and external stakeholders and strives to collaborate to find mutually beneficial solutions
- Strong oral and written communication skills with all levels of management, end-users, and peers
- Must have the ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be capable of working independently to set priorities with little daily guidance from management.
- Business Acumen – Ability to consider and quantify the impact of potential risks/opportunities and take quick and decisive action.