Our client, a 3PL provider serving clients across North America and around the world is looking for a Logistics Coordinators, to join their Surrey, BC office. The future Logistics Coordinator will work directly with carriers to book trucks and ensure shipments are managed within the parameters set out by Customer Service on behalf of our clients. In addition, he/she will do research and provide costs for tariff and spot quotes on an as needed basis and follow up with carriers on market changes that affect our ability to provide service to our clients.
- Understand shipment parameters and book trucks to meet.
- Provide options in a timely manner when clients parameters cannot be met.
- Do carrier research to allow the rates and pricing teams to provide timely and accurate quotes and tariffs.
- Build carrier relationships and work with our core group of carriers wherever possible.
- Work with carriers on shipments where exceptions exist.
- Develop understanding of market conditions.
- Proactively build relationships with new & current providers.
- Negotiate LTL & TL rates with new & current providers.
- Major project planning and coordination.
- Ensure maximum profitability by:
1. Appropriate Carrier Selection.
2. Reducing freight rates.
- Create & maintain scorecard for carrier performance.
- Deliver KPI’s and make recommendations around improvements required.
- Find & develop efficiencies in our current operating system.
- College / University diploma in Logistics, Supply Chain or any other related field - an asset.
- Minimum 2 years experience in logistics or carrier dispatch.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to negotiate.
- Strong time management and organization.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Understanding of freight tariffs and rating models.
- Willingness to take direction.
- Aptitude for leadership.
- Experience in planning and scheduling techniques.
- Ability to develop, plan and implement short- and long-term goals.
- Strong work ethic and superior attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills.
- Have a full understanding of tariffs and rate models.
- Understand and use NMFC freight classification system.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office.
If you have the above requirements and are interested in exploring this opportunity further, we want to hear from you. Please submit your application by clicking the APPLY button.
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.