Our client, an important player in the lumber sector in North America, is currently looking for a self-starting, quality orientated, and eager to grow Maintenance and Reliability Manager, based at his factory in the region of Stratton, Maine, US.
The future Manager will work side-by-side with other department managers in troubleshooting and resolving any mechanical challenges that impede production goals. At the same time, the Maintenance and Reliability Manager will direct, coach and lead a team of skilled millwrights, as well as supervise the company’s Purchasing Agent. The future Manager is also an integral member of the company’s safety team and will adhere to safety protocols at all times, while identifying and correcting conditions that may be of concern.
- Ensure the millwright team follows department and site safe work practices and PPE rules and procedures.
- Ensure housekeeping meets or exceeds company standards.
- Proactively coordinate and lead the maintenance team to ensure the achievement of mill objectives for Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, People.
- Monitor measurement systems to ensure consistency and assist in communicating key performance indicators to the department.
- Responsible for ensuring assets are adequately maintained with necessary tools, materials, and spare parts.
- Coordinate maintenance resources daily and interact with peers.
- Coach/develop/mentor millwrights.
- Use Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) software to manage assets, schedule maintenance and track work orders.
- Develop a climate which encourages the participation and involvement of millwrights to pursue continuous development and continuous improvement.
- Oversee Purchasing Agent for the procurement of parts ordering.
- Interface with outside contractors to support maintenance projects and be a member of the project management team for capital expansion.
- Prior management experience.
- Outstanding working knowledge of electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems and welding.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office products.
- Understanding of procurement procedures and practices.
- Previous experience in industrial production/maintenance.
- Research and analytical skills.
- A strong commitment to all OSHA health and safety guidelines.
- Very good communication skills.
- Physically able to lift up to 80 lbs, twist, reach and bend.
If you have the above requirements and this sounds like an opportunity for you, please send your resume to Pierre Lussier at firstname.lastname@example.org
making sure to include “Maintenance and Reliability Manager position” as the subject of your application.
We thank all the applicants, but only the selected candidates will be contacted.