Our client is North America’s leading provider of advanced plastic piping systems. They are currently seeking a Maintenance Manager for their plant in Scarborough who will report to the Plant Manager. If you have experience leading a successful predictive/proactive Manufacturing Plant Maintenance team and have a passion for leading change to drive better business outcomes, than this may be the just the opportunity you are looking for as a next step in your career.
- Ensure that all aspects of technical support requirements including equipment installation, design, costing, equipment and building maintenance are completed and accurate to meet timelines and stay within budget.
- Verifies that all engineering requirements adheres to all applicable H.S.E regulations, laws, and standards (e.g., OHSA, Building Codes, CSA, BSI, ANSI, MOE, MOL, etc.).
- Ensures safety, environmental waste conservation & efficient resource consumption to achieve the plant goals.
- Schedule and maintain the preventative maintenance (PM) program using our client’s supplied software as well as manage PM Program to meet our client’s requirements
- Lead the maintenance staff effectively and conduct annual performance appraisals
- Coordinate and prioritizes plant priorities pertaining to breakdowns, projects & PM’s and allocate to employees
- Lead on-call program of maintenance employees to ensure plant production downtime maintained to a minimum
- Maintain & improve the 5S program within his/her department areas
- Utilize and oversee Hydra MOC Management software to ensure work orders are handled & employees are using the system accurately
- Responsibility includes completion of items as assigned by the management team through the Corrective and Preventive Action process.
- Participating in planned inspections and pre-start up audits. Assist in developing, maintaining, and updating work instructions.
- Purchase maintenance items, parts, and supplies
- Champion maintenance expenditure AFE’s at the plant
- Review Accident/Incident Investigations in compliance with ISMS for required incidents
- Implement and enforce location safe work rules and procedure as well as conduct annual reviews
- Participate in scheduled audits to ensure compliance with HSEMS, EMP and ISO, WHIMS, Hazardous Material Management & Waste Management Program
- Conduct Management of Change (MOC) reviews
- Leading and participating in JHSC meetings, Risk Assessment, Corrective Actions, Job Task Analysis, Ergonomic Assessment, Training, JHSC & Employee meetings
- Report and achieve KPI targets
- Maintain contractor Management program including regulatory requirements that has good standing with WSIB having adequate liability insurance
- Effectively plan and handle shutdown maintenance
- Coordinate, train & support programs:
- Lock-out Tag out and energy isolation (Energy Control Procedures)
- Hot work program
- Confined Spaces & Restricted Spaces
- Grounding & bounding
- Grounded & ungrounded systems
- Other duties as assigned by the Plant Manager.
- College/ University diploma in a technical field, engineering degree preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience in a maintenance leadership role
- Strong knowledge of engineering concepts
- Ability to interpret blueprints, specifications and schematics, and facility drawings
- Effective interpersonal and written communication skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task effectively
If you have the above requirements and are interested in exploring this opportunity further, we want to hear from you. Please submit your application by clicking APPLY.
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.