Our client, an award-winning Managing General Agent (MGA), who focuses on specialty and niche product insurance, is looking for an experienced insurance professional to lead their Commercial Underwriting team, based in their office in the Greater Vancouver area.
A key role in the organization, the leader of Commercial Underwriting will be responsible for supporting the underwriting team and collaborating with other leaders and the National Underwriting Manager in order to improve and optimize the department’s activity and the relationship with the brokers.
- Assume the mentor and leader role for the underwriting team.
- Reviewing and addressing internal Underwriting referrals on both new and renewal business.
- Support the UW team in setting the objectives and achieving them.
- Stay up to date to the market’s trends and provide improvement recommendations.
- Collaborating with the Underwriting management on wordings and business development.
- Contributing to the product materials and class guidelines expansion.
- Coordinate the production monitoring, the report preparation and the review of analytics processes.
- Develop and maintain relationships with retail producing brokers.
- Post Secondary Degree in Business Administration, Banking, Finance or any other applicable field.
- CAIB, CIP, CRM, FCIP certification or working towards one – a great asset.
- General Insurance license, Level 1 or greater.
- Minimum 8 Years of Commercial Insurance Experience – with a minimum of 3 years in a senior position.
- Prior managerial or MGA experience - an asset.
- Experience in working with audits and handle reviews with accuracy.
- Ambition to develop Underwriting Analysis & Products skillset.
- Increased business acumen: excellent analytical skills, capability to identify critical issues and make the appropriate and specific recommendations to find solutions.
- Strong work ethic, leadership skills and ability to influence and convince others in an assertive manner.
- The capacity to develop and implement comprehensive plans and solutions for complex issues
- Great organization, prioritization, and time management skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Solution and results oriented, with the capacity of taking decisions in high-pressing situations with a minimum of information.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
If you have the above requirements and are interested in exploring this opportunity further, we want to hear from you. Please submit your application by clicking the APPLY button.
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.