We are proud to partner with our client who is a leading coffee and beverage company in North America with dual headquarters in the USA. They maintain an unrivaled distribution system that enables its portfolio of more than 125 owned, licensed, and partner brands to be available nearly everywhere people shop and consume beverages.
The Company employs more than 25,000 employees and operates more than 120 offices, manufacturing plants, warehouses, and distribution centers across North America.
As they continue to grow, our client is looking for a Marketing Innovation Manager. The Marketing Innovation Manager will have a unique and exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of the leading new product innovation process for our client's business in Canada.
Reporting to the Insights and Innovation Director, this role will support the creation of a robust, long-term innovation pipeline for both hot and cold portfolios, specifically for our partnership portfolio covering new product categories, new platforms, and brand extension lines. This role will have a dotted line reporting to the marketing leader for the partnership portfolio. This is a critical role to drive the innovation agenda to help the business achieve its growth objectives.
- Monitor trends, new products, competitors, and category innovation activity to inform 3 Year Innovation Strategy and ideation
- Collaborate with Brand leaders to build Innovation strategies into short and long-term brand growth plans.
- Identify consumer-centric growth opportunities for company brands and category whitespaces
- Lead ideation and creation workshops that collide bold, creative, and lateral thinking with consumer insight, category data, trends, and internal experts and food scientists
- Collaborate deeply with consumer insights, brand marketing, and commercial teams to scope and create the business case for innovation investments and execute the innovation pipeline
- Optimize Innovation for Commercial P&L impact without compromising on the vision for the consumer proposition
- Manage upstream innovation and Stage Gate process within Canada and US
- Work closely with R&D on formula and liquid development and ensure delivery within timelines
- Partner with procurement to identify the right co-manufacturer and facilitate work back schedule
- Maintain cadence for Innovation operational meetings and adherence to project milestones
- Present Gate documents at bi-weekly Gate meetings for approvals and ensure project management
- Continuously improve and adapt the NPI process to the business' needs and goals
- Track innovation performance as part of the planning process and lead cross-functional teams to participate in holistic innovation evaluation
- Bachelor`s degree in marketing with 8+ years experience in product innovation, preferably in the food, beverage or consumer packaged goods industries
- Seasoned innovation marketer with experience at a large CPG company, passionate and comfortable operating in an entrepreneurial environment
- Knowledge and relevant experience in the areas of creativity and lateral thinking, and design-thinking or emergent strategy principles and ways of working
- Ability to lead and develop a team of innovation specialists across multiple priorities
- Strong knowledge of product development life cycle, working closely with R&D, Regulatory & Legal, Supply Chain and Engineering, Finance, Sales, and Brand Marketing
- Strong project management skills
- Self-motivated, results-oriented with the ability to lead new projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong strategic, and analytical skills and ability to drive actionable results using data and insights
- Strong collaborative skills to build stakeholder and trust across multiple levels of teams
- Tolerance for ambiguity and an ability to resolve complex issues with clear ideas and solutions
- Proficiency in MS Project; Project management certification is an asset
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Proficiency in Nielsen (Consumption, Panel, BASES)
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers that do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, provincial or federal laws, rules, or regulations. Our policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities upon request.
Follow us on LinkedIn!