Our client, a leading biopharmaceutical company, is seeking a Medical Director to join their exceptional team. This individual will provide medical/scientific, strategic, and operational expertise into the planning and execution of medical support activities. This position reports into the Vice President - General Manager, Canada.
- Develop and implement the strategic medical plan for Canada.
- Leverage medical insights from internal and external partners into the strategic and tactical plan to support optimization of marketed products.
- Provide clinical expertise and partner with Global Medical Affairs to build the medical communication platform for the marketed products.
- Management of Medical Science Liaison team.
- Develop strong scientific network and maintain outstanding relationships with local, regional, and national leaders, researchers, and experts in relevant therapeutic areas.
- Coordinate medical field activities and collaborate with the sales team as it relates to account management across Canada.
- Collaborate with the clinical team to identify Canadian clinical trial sites, provide ongoing support for company-sponsored clinical studies, as needed.
- Draft, review and approve medical information and medical communication documents for use in Canada.
- Responsible for the medical review and approval of Canadian promotional materials.
- Review and approve training materials for use in Canada, provide ongoing disease state and product-specific training to Canadian cross-functional team as needed.
- Identify gaps and shape strategic research platforms.
- Coordinate, support, and attend national / regional advisory board meetings to inform clinical development programs and advance understanding of disease state in relevant therapeutic areas.
- Coordinate and attend medical educational programs for Canadian practitioners.
- Must have a M.D., D.O., or equivalent degree with Canadian work experience in neurology or psychiatry.
- 8+ years of progressive experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry. Experience in an academic setting is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including dynamic formal presentation skills.
- Excellent planning and organization skills.
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality and integrity, represent the company’s high ethics, moral behavior, and professionalism.
- Proven track record of maintaining scientific credibility while being commercially supportive.
- High proficiency in problem solving ability and strong scientific analytical skills.
- Knowledge of scientific methods, research design and medical practices and procedures.
- Ability to travel (frequent travel may be required).
- Strong digital literacy (Microsoft Office, etc.) and knowledge of database management.
- Bilingual in English / French an asset.
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with 11 offices in Canada and one in the United States, a staff of more than 30 Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on clients’ needs and candidates’ goals.
Follow us on LinkedIn!