Our client is seeking a Bilingual Medical Science Liaison (MSL) based in either Montreal or the Greater Toronto Area. The MSL will be the medical and scientific expert for the appropriate utilization of the company’s products and related therapeutic areas between the medical community and the company.
Reporting to the Head of Public Health, the MSL is responsible for the implementation of the Canadian Medical Affairs Plan and tactics that support the successful commercialization of in-market and future products.
- Identifies, develops, and maintains peer-to-peer collaborations and effective working relationships with key medical experts in the field of Travel Medicine, Infectious Diseases, Vaccinology, and Public Health.
- Supports key medical expert advocates, speakers, consultants, and advisors through provision of scientific and clinical information.
- Develops and maintains a national and regional database of key strategic contacts for each relevant product and disease area.
- Proves high quality scientific and medical information to both internal and external stakeholders on request and in a timely manner.
- Delivers best in class, scientific, educational meetings executed in accordance with the company’s local regulatory and legal frameworks.
- Provides scientific information in an objective and ethical manner to ensure appropriate positioning of the company’s products.
- Contributes to the development of Canada’s Medical Affairs plan and provides input into national and regional strategies and tactics.
- Manage the relevant budget to enable execution of the Medical Affairs plan.
- Participate in several Medical Affairs initiatives (e.g. advisory boards).
- Works in a collaborative manner with cross-functional colleagues to ensure a Key Account Management approach.
- Identifies educational and research gaps and opportunities aligned with the company’s strategy.
- Attends appropriate scientific congresses to stay abreast of medical and scientific developments in the relevant therapeutic areas.
- Maintains up-to-date and high-level knowledge of the relevant therapeutic areas, including new and emerging research areas, clinical issues and trends, and competitive landscape.
- Will complete the company’s pharmacovigilance training and to report all adverse events or other safety relevant information received from healthcare professionals.
- Minimum B.Sc. required. Advanced Scientific Degree preferred (e.g. MD, PhD, Pharm D, MSc, etc.)
- At least 3-5 years of experience as an MSL or Medical Affairs role.
- Prior Vaccines or Infectious Diseases Therapeutic Area experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of compliance framework and demonstrable ability to work compliantly in a field-based role, within the medical organization, as well as interacting with the commercial organization.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills (including ability to network).
- Proven ability to develop and foster peer-to-peer relationship with stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize, exercise good judgment and work effectively with minimal supervision in a constantly changing environment.
- Ability to understand and summarize all aspects of clinical trials and papers.
- Ability to research scientific literature, and write reports, papers and research protocols.
- Must be able to handle objections and manage issues raised by HCPs.
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally (~60% of time).
- Must live near a major airport, preferably in Quebec or Ontario.
- Requires a valid Driver's license.
- Working knowledge of virtual presentation platforms, social media and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) is also required.
- Must be fluent in English and French (both oral and written).
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with a dozen offices in Canada, a staff of more than 50 Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on clients’ needs and candidates’ goals.
Follow us on LinkedIn!