Lock Search Group is proud to partner with a dynamic and innovative client to lead their search for an experienced Product Engineering Manager. With over 40 years of experience in designing, manufacturing, and installing custom stairs and railings, our client is a leader in the industry, renowned for its exceptional craftsmanship and attention to detail.
Based in Burlington, Ontario, they specialize in producing unique, handcrafted stairs that combine traditional and modern techniques using a variety of high-quality materials. They are passionate about what they do and value creativity, innovation, and collaboration.
As the leader of their Product Engineering Team, you'll play a crucial role in ensuring that they continue to deliver exceptional quality and craftsmanship in every project they undertake.
Your responsibilities will include generating accurate RSO and work orders for release to the production shop, collaborating with all levels of the organization to plan and monitor productivity, and establishing goals and objectives to optimize efficiency. You'll also initiate and implement new methods and procedures to achieve the highest results in a collaborative manner. Please continue reviewing the responsibilities and requirements below and contact us to express you interest.
What you will be doing:
- Managing the creation of detailed accurate production drawings.
- Manage staff productivity and utilization of Product Detailers, IT and CNC Operations.
- Review final work orders prior to release into Production and assist in work order output when needed.
- Rough Stud Openings (RSO’s): Working with our RSO Specialist to determine best method for construction, and complete final checks on all RSO’s before release to Site-Coordinators and Customers.
- Communicating changes to all departments and working with them to solve problems at the source.
- Addressing employee performance concerns and conducting annual reviews.
- Identify resource and material constraints.
- Support on-going continuous improvement projects.
- Provide employee training and cross-training.
- Other duties as assigned.
The experience you bring:
- 3+ years of managerial experience
- Strong leadership, supervisory and interpersonal skills.
- Strong knowledge of Residential Ontario Building Codes.
- Proficient in MS Office and AutoCAD.
- Skills and experience to train, motivate and provide coaching to employees.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Sense of urgency to plan, organize, multi-task and to adapt quickly to changes and create solutions to unforeseen challenges.
- Knowledgeable in reading and understanding blue prints.
- Must be able to communicate effectively (both written and oral).
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a group setting.
- Woodworking / Carpentry experience preferred.
- Highly detail oriented and organized.
If you have the skills and experience required to succeed in this role, please express your interest by using the “Apply Now” button. Lock Search Group Sr. Consultant, Charles Warren is looking forward to working with all qualified candidates.
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with 11 offices in Canada and one in the United States, a staff of more than 30 Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on clients’ needs and candidates’ goals.