Our client is a global manufacturer of cordless and electric power tools, pneumatic tools, outdoor power equipment, and cleaning equipment, with US$5.6 billion in 2020 revenues. Their tools are designed and developed with the professional end-user in mind and answer a simple question: How can we make the job easier and more efficient for the customer?
Through their long-standing tenure in Canada since 1973, they have employed hundreds of people during their 40+ year history. While their Head Office is in Whitby, Ontario, they also operate 2 warehouse and distribution centers in Ontario and British Columbia, and 13 factory service centers, strategically located from Nova Scotia to British Columbia.
To assist with their continuous growth and exceptional product development, they are looking for their next Product Manager to join their Head Office located in Whitby, Ontario.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Product Manager is responsible for planning, executing, and managing the product strategy and lifecycle of the company’s range of outdoor power equipment (OPE), commercial cleaning products, and related accessories. This includes prioritizing between current and new products, gathering and defining “voice of the customer” requirements for new product introductions, defining the product vision and strategy for end-user markets, and working cross-functionally with sales, marketing communications, operations, purchasing, and customer service to ensure company goals and objectives are achieved. The Product Manager will also work on strategic projects and initiatives to support the marketing team’s core objectives. This position is based out of the Head Office in Whitby, Ontario, and offers a hybrid working environment of 3 days in the office and two days remote.
• Develop and execute product strategies and roadmaps to grow sales and profits for their assigned product category.
• Manage the portfolio of products in their category over the product lifecycle, from go-to-market planning, through to launch, growth, maturity, and discontinuation.
• Conduct market research and “voice of the customer” end-user interviews, gather competitive intelligence, identify market trends, opportunities, and positioning for current and future products, and perform product testing and pricing analysis.
• Manage new product launches for the sales team, channel partners, and customers through multiple mediums.
• Collaborate with the marketing communications team to develop promotions and marketing collateral (i.e., print, digital, social media) for products.
• Monitor, collect, and act on online reviews for products. Regularly visit job sites to be attuned to end-user needs and fit with their products.
• Develop, maintain, and ensure the accuracy of product specifications used in their marketing collateral.
• Maintain a competitor and end-user database for assigned market segments to help tailor the organization’s value proposition and understand customer needs/preferences and key applications.
• Develop and deliver product knowledge training sessions for the sales team, distributors, and end-users.
• Deliver sales support as needed and effectively communicate information on existing and new products to the sales team, internal colleagues, and external partners in good time.
• Become an expert in the product portfolio, assigned markets, and the competition.
• Other related duties as may be required.
• Bachelor’s degree or three (3) year post-secondary diploma in Marketing, Business Administration, or related field
• Minimum three (3) years of product management or related experience
• Previous experience in outdoor power equipment, janitorial/sanitation products, building materials, and industrial products is welcomed.
• Business acumen: strategic thinking, planning, and organizing skills to successfully manage a variety of initiatives and responsibilities.
• Problem-solving skills: strong analytical, mathematical, and decision-making skills. Able to come up with creative ideas and solutions.
• Interpersonal skills: the ability to develop strong working relationships with internal and external customers is essential.
• Communications skills: ability to communicate in a clear and professional manner verbally and in writing, and comfortable presenting to a group of people.
• Teamwork: the ability to work in a team environment and be productive with minimal supervision.
• Technical skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required, and Adobe is welcomed.
• Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time
• Ability to obtain and maintain a passport
• A valid driver’s license maintained in good standing.
• Bilingual in English and French – preferred but not required
Head Office - Whitby, ON.
Work remotely: Hybrid.
Travel: Up to 20% of the time
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers that do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, provincial or federal laws, rules, or regulations. Our policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities upon request.