Production Manager – Manufacturing sector
Our client is a rapidly growing company within the manufacturing sector and looking to add a key member to their leadership team. Lock Search Group is excited to present an opportunity to join a BC-based manufacturer as a Production Manager. Our client is motivated to add an a seasoned production leader who excels in a collaborative setting, and thrives on a hands-on approach.
Reporting to the VP of Operations, the Production Manager will ensure execution and scheduling of daily production as well as effective use of people management and related operations. This role will also work closely with the team to ensure the highest quality output is met while promoting a safe environment. In addition, the Production Manager will provide continuous leadership and mentoring in the management of a very engaged non-union workforce. By utilizing and embracing your background and track record of success in Health & Safety and Continuous Improvement initiatives, you will strive to increase efficiencies and profitable gains…the right way. Essentially this role will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the production process.
- Work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations; as well as, the Company Health and Safety Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Ensure training, and procedures are effectively created, communicated and implemented within the plant and to all employees
- Optimization of overall production process, producing quality standards in accordance with project specification and contract schedule
- Support Production Supervisors and Team Leads in resolution of issues related to safety, quality, production priorities, material and man-hour allocations to meet designated targets and KPI’s
- Liaise closely with the Quality Department and conduct regular inspection of the work in progress for finished goods to ensure compliance with project requirements
- Utilize lean management principles to review and analyse actual production processes in comparison to initial production plan/budget to recommend changes for future bids
- Create and foster an environment build around teamwork, collaboration, communication and excellence
- Ability to coach, train and develop Production Members, and Team Leads is crucial to support growth planning
- Be present on the production floor, and knowledgeable on ‘what’s happen day to day’ to support efficiency and downtime delays.
- Post secondary education in engineering, business or manufacturing is a plus, but extended tenure (10-15+) in Production leadership is also suitable
- 5+ years of related production leadership experience in a manufacturing/production environment is a MUST – preferably in building materials
- Background in a heavily automated manufacturing setting is not a fit
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, everchanging environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple production projects at the same time with the support of your team
- The ability to delegate tasks and assignments through strong leadership skills
- Track record of success with coaching and mentor employees at multiple levels, while also holding your team accountable is crucial in order to earn this opportunity
- Focused time management and organizational skills are necessary in this position.
- An understanding, experience and education of health & safety, environmental and employment legislation is a MUST.
- Good computer skills and the ability to develop KPI indicators and best-in-class practice
If you’re an experienced Production Manager or Senior Production Supervisor looking to grow, who checks all of these boxes, please send your resume to Cameron Lappin using the “Apply” button.
Follow us on LinkedIn!