Lock Search Group is thrilled to join forces with a global powerhouse, an unrivaled force in the medical and safety technology realm for over 130 years. Renowned for their unwavering dedication to preserving and safeguarding lives, they now seek an extraordinary Project Engineer - Safety Systems to join their dynamic team in Kingston, Ontario.
As Project Engineer, you'll be at the forefront of designing ingenious mechanical parts, assemblies, and electrical components that push the boundaries of safety and innovation. Your creativity and expertise will be put to the test as you bring customer projects to life, ensuring compliance with industry standards and specifications.
With state-of-the-art facilities in Kingston, Ontario, and the chance for occasional travel across North America, you'll have the perfect blend of stability and adventure.
- Engineer and design Live Fire Training and Workshop Systems, including propane or wood fueled fire training systems, in accordance with relevant codes and standards, including but not limited to NFPA1402-2019, CSA B149, NFPA 86, UL795 and TSSA regulations (in Ontario)
- Engineer and design Mine Life Support Systems, such as Breathing Protection Systems including but not limited to mine refuge shelters and Breathing supply systems including but not limited to auto cascade refill systems, accessories for refill systems.
- Testing, commissioning, and quality assurance including creating or adapting the company’s internal Acceptance Test Protocol (ATP); inspecting the systems according to the company’s internal Acceptance Test Protocol (ATP); prototyping and testing new components, designing and controlling within the Kingston workshop prior to use in custom projects or production; and creating or adapting quality assurance plans.
- Project Management, including coordinating the project work until the completion of the project, including commercial aspects (project leader); actively monitoring and reporting progression towards targets concerning time, costs and quality; planning manufacturing, assembly and installation; developing remedies with management if project is not on target; supervising installations; and ensuring that project documentation is in accordance with ES local procedures.
- Other Functions, such as working in a multi-disciplinary team which has responsibility for the manufacture and installation of complete projects; working with 3rd party authorities (ESA, TSSA and various NRTL’s) on field inspection and approvals; may be required to provide Operator and Maintenance Training according to company procedures; providing customer service including troubleshooting; ensuring project engineer's work area (desk & shop) is maintained clean and sorted; and adhering to appropriate safety requirements in all aspects of work
The experience you bring:
- Bachelor of Science, or Mechanical Engineering
- P.Eng designation or Engineer In Training (EIT) Program enrolled
- Two (2) or more years’ experience in product design and engineering, preferable involving applications in industrial environment
- Knowledge of design for metal fabrication (steel, SST, aluminum) and understanding of material properties.
- Knowledge of relevant codes, standards and guidelines (e.g. CSA, TSSA, NFPA).
- Knowledge of equipment to select for field installations.
- Ability to translate concepts into practical, producible designs.
- Ability to seek a new or different solutions for work that is typically difficult but not complex, involving compliance to a greater number of standards and regulations and known calculations.
- Ability to follow an existing template for design, customer communication and project co-ordination.
- Ability to create 3D CAD models, fabrication drawing packages and assembly drawings (e.g. AutoCad and SolidWorks).
- Ability to estimate costs involved in production and installation of the engineered products and components.
- Knowledge of PLC controlled electro-mechanical system design and ability to troubleshoot.
- Skills in organizing workload and time to work on simultaneous projects.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing, in English in order to interact with management, staff and outside vendors
- Ability to deal professionally and courteously with internal and external clients
- Must possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Valid international travel documents
If you are a passionate and innovative engineer seeking to make a significant impact in the field of safety systems, please apply in confidence for immediate consideration using the “Apply” button.
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with 11 offices in Canada and one in the United States, a staff of more than 30 Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on clients’ needs and candidates’ goals.