Our client is an award-winning company that designs and supplies custom home packages, premium home kit and network of local builders across North America. For over 50 years, the company has helped thousands of customers build their dream home in over 25 different countries.
They are looking for a visionary and self-starting Project Manager to join their corporate Construction Management division located at Marmora, ON, to help them reach new heights. The future Project Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of the construction process on customer owned scattered lots throughout Ontario and includes managing builders, trades, services, and Client expectations. The Project Manager will provide support to Sales, Technical Support, Customer Service, and the Management teams. This position is permanent & full-time based on typical weekday business hours, occasional weekend & overtime hours may be required.
What you will be doing:
- Support, Promote and Protect the brand
- Manage customer expectations
- Manage direct reports
- Help manage the development, growth, and refinement of the Tier 1 & 2 builder/partner program
- Responsible for timely completion of all projects to company standards
- Organize and provide all approvals and permit applications required for the project
- Maintain on-line construction schedules within BuilderTrend (on-line software) for each project
- Maintain customer Change Orders and Subcontractor Work Orders
- Implement and enforce all written job-site Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) policies and procedures
- Schedule and manage all job-site inspections and meetings, maintain reports
- Maintain the Tarion New Home Warranty Program (when required)
- Hire and manage qualified Sub-Project Mangers (for remote locations when required)
- Ensure all local (municipal) inspections are scheduled and carried out as required, maintain records
- Coordinate with the Interior Design Team to ensure Fit & Finish process dovetails with the construction schedule
- Provide ongoing feedback to the construction costing database
- Actively participate in scheduled management review meetings
- Provide regular project status reports to your manager
- Ensure customer progress payments are coordinated with the construction schedule and payment terms
- Meet or exceed margin targets
- Any other duties as required to support the business
- Maintain service vehicles
- Organize office, warehouse & show home maintenance activities when required
- Maintain corporate & site signage, inventory & maintenance
The experience you bring:
- College/University – (Trade School) In Construction related courses.
- Experience in new home construction, minimum 10 years’
- Experience working with new home warranty programs
- Contract development and negotiations
- Thorough knowledge in Residential Construction Technology
- Strong understanding and comprehension of engineered drawings, details, and technical data
- Practical knowledge of local Building Codes
- Surveying and pinning
- Practical knowledge of New Home Warranty programs
- Business Planning & Management
- Financial Planning & Management
- Ability to analyze data and draw information for conclusions, planning and problem solving
- Home inspections
- Advanced communication skills, verbal & written
- Problem Solving
- Quality Control Management
- Time Management & maintaining time sensitive schedules
- Computer skills – general to advanced
If you’re an experienced Project Manager who currently resides in Marmora, please apply in confidence for immediate consideration using the “Apply” button.
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with 11 offices in Canada and one in the United States, a staff of more than 30 Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on clients’ needs and candidates’ goals.