Our client is a Halifax-based property management company known for setting standards of excellence in residential accommodation, development, and commercial leasing. They are currently seeking a qualified, Project Manager for their Capital Projects Department.
The Project Manager ensures that the project is constructed according to plans, specifications, and local building codes. They will complete the construction project schedule, coordinate labor, and materials, maintain cost controls, and maintain all site safety policies.
The Project Manager ensures all work is compliant with drawings, specifications, schedules, and contract documents and prepares schedules with construction laborers and sub-trades, monitors the quality of all work, and coordinates all on-site activities pertaining to the Capital construction projects.
- Prepare and manage the project schedule.
- Review the project plans and specifications and comment on the building design, scheduling, possible cost-saving measures, and potential construction problems.
- Monitor and maintain the project construction schedule on a weekly basis.
- Maintain a safe job site and ensure that the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act are enforced.
- Maintain and enforce good construction standards and quality control.
- Control and monitor labour, material, and equipment expenses.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly cost forecasting summaries.
- Ensure that “as built” drawings are prepared on an ongoing basis by all trades during the construction period.
- Prepare and expedite project deficiency lists.
- Mentor and manage a team.
- Provide on-site coordination for all phases of building construction/renovation projects, including coordinating subcontractors, materials, and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being strictly followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget.
- Be responsible for scheduling, inspections, quality control, and job site safety.
- Supervise all subcontractors, consultants, and vendors. This supervision shall ensure adequate manpower is available for each task and compliant work performed. This position shall be responsible for monitoring project security personnel.
- PMP Designation, supervisory experience, and experience managing a minimum of two similar projects (from beginning to completion)
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Construction Project Manager of residential new building construction/renovation and site development.
- Possess a high level of technical understanding and experience as it relates to the Canadian Construction Industry, including planning, scheduling, layout, quality control, and hands-on practical trade-related experience.
- A certificate/ticket in carpentry or other construction-related trade is an asset.
- Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel; experience with Microsoft Project considered an asset;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers that do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, provincial or federal laws, rules, or regulations. Our policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities upon request.