Project Manager, Construction
Do you have experience in new and existing commercial construction and project management? Are you also comfortable getting quotes, budgeting, managing contractors, and managing both on-site and in-office tasks? This may be the role for you! Our client is in the real estate industry and is looking for a Project Manager, Construction who ideally is based in Halifax, NS.
The ideal candidate will be fully versed in Nova Scotia building codes, managing teams, and permit processes. This individual will also be highly organized, creative, detail-orientated, and has proven success in construction project management.
What you will be doing:
- Manage all aspects of large commercial and residential new development (on-site and in-office)
- Attend various meetings, including conducting weekly contractor meetings for each project
- Review current building capital issues
- Obtain pricing for enhancements and major repairs
- Manage the subcontractors to ensure adherence to the project construction, schedule, and budget
- Understand and ensure upkeep of building codes
- Obtain quotes where required, including negotiating
The experience you bring:
- Civil engineer designation
- 5+ years of experience in Construction Project Management on large projects required ($15M+)
- PMP designation preferred
- Thorough understanding of Nova Scotia building codes and legislation
- Strong written and verbal communication, presenting, reporting, and scheduling skills
- Time management capabilities, organized, and proficient with Microsoft Office
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with 11 offices in Canada and one in the United States, a staff of more than 30 Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on clients’ needs and candidates’ goals.