Regional Technical Sales Specialist - Filtration
Jay Pinniger of Lock Search Group is currently working with an innovative National leader in Industrial Supply. They are seeking a Technical Sales Specialist to be responsible for managing and growing market share within the Alberta market. Our client is proud of the culture that has been built and is motivated to maintain and accelerate the team culture that has been developed throughout its impressive growth. In this home office-based position, you will focus on driving demand and sales by targeting and educating end user clients. In addition, continue to support your key accounts throughout the region.
The successful Technical Sales Specialist will be a dynamic and highly-motivated sales professional who has a compelling drive, technical and consultative selling experience. Due to the technical background of this position mechanical aptitude and interest is a must. There will need to be a comfort of travelling up to 50% of the month within the Alberta Marketplace. Our client is excited to bring on a proven sales professional that has the drive and interest to hunt, but also possesses the capacity and experience to manage an existing book of active accounts.
- Establish, develop, and manage all accounts in the assigned territory -- be an established first-choice partner with end users and distribution partners
- Work internally with stakeholders to develop account specific plans that maximize sales, profit, merchandising, distribution and market share
- Prospect for new accounts, while managing and growing a large existing book of business
- Develop reports for annual planning, forecasting and budgets
- Manage large territory coverage through proactive sales call mapping and scheduling
- Utilize all available market and account specific data to develop strong fact based selling presentations
- Managing a robust territory through effective time management and strategic planning
- Direct qualified leads to the appropriate representatives for all offered products and services.
- Formulate strategic action plans aimed at converting competitive users and non-users into dedicated clients of our services.
- Actively engage in efforts to retain existing accounts.
- Deliver comprehensive product information, encompassing features, benefits, and updates on new product lines.
- Mechanical aptitude and mechnical interest is a must – those with passion, hands on knowledge and interest in mechanical systems is essential for this technical sales position
- Previous technical selling experience is highly preferred – must have previous sales experience with solution selling skills
- Prefer a post-secondary education – preferably a Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering or Business, a full time two year professional diploma program
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills – ability to sell to plant operations personnel, engineers and maintenance leadership…as well in a boardroom
- Exceptional hands on knowledge of MS office, Social Media, Customer Sales Reporting systems.
- Ability to change, adapt and thrive in a fast paced competitive environment.
- Ability to build and foster impactful relationships with key customers
- Ability to travel up to 50% in a month within the territory
- Comfort and interest to work from a home office
Offers & Benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an ambitious team and organization
- An attractive compensation package, including salary, generous commission program and strong benefits, including, Extended Medical/Dental, RRSP Matching, and a fabulous employee incentives.
- Car Package w/ Gas Card
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
If you’re an experienced Technical Sales Professional in the Edmonton region apply today in confidence by directly emailing your resume to Jay Pinniger (Recruitment Consultant), firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with a dozen offices in Canada, a staff of more than 50 Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on clients’ needs and candidates’ goals.
Follow us on LinkedIn!