Scientific Recruiter – Lock Search Group
Job Title: Scientific Recruiter, Life Sciences
Location: Vancouver, BC
Have you grown your career and are now looking for a way to leverage your industry knowledge and contacts into something completely new and different?
Many of our most successful employees here at Lock Search Group have done just that and are now established and recognized Recruitment Consultants across the country. Established in 1983, Lock Search Group has been recruiting the very best talent in a wide cross section of industries including one of our largest sectors, Life Sciences.
We are seeking a passionate, dynamic Scientific Recruiter to join our Life Sciences team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in the fields of Chemistry, Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Pharmacology, or a related discipline, along with hands-on laboratory experience. The successful candidate must also possess a proven track record of sales experience within the private laboratory sector and early-stage drug discovery, pharmaceutical, or biotechnology companies.
- Source and screen candidates through a variety of sourcing channels.
- Leverage your scientific background to evaluate candidates' technical skills, laboratory experience, and qualifications.
- Utilize various recruitment channels, including online job boards, social media, industry events, and networking, to source potential candidates.
- Collaborate with hiring managers to comprehend the intricacies of scientific roles and their requirements within the organization.
- Facilitate interviews with potential candidates before presenting candidates to clients.
- Complete client specific and pre-employment processes.
- Create positive candidate experiences by delivering excellent customer service in all candidate interactions.
- Establish, build and manage effective partnerships with clients.
- Identify and approach executive leaders as part of business development.
- Work with the national Lock team to identify top accounts, target skill sets and key market segments.
- An advanced degree (MSc or PhD) in Chemistry, Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Pharmacology, or a related scientific discipline.
- 2-3 years of hands-on laboratory experience within academic or industry settings.
- 3-5 years of successful sales experience targeting private laboratories, early stage drug discovery, pharmaceutical, or biotechnology companies.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with an innate drive for success
- Familiarity with laboratory operations, research techniques, and scientific terminology.
- Adept at building and nurturing client relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to convey complex scientific concepts to a diverse audience.
- Strong organizational abilities, with the capacity to manage multiple recruitment processes simultaneously.
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented, capable of thriving in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- A passion for scientific innovation and a keen interest in connecting scientific professionals with impactful career opportunities.
If you are a dedicated and accomplished professional with a strong scientific background and a successful history in sales, please send your resume directly to Ben Lamarche at email@example.com. Join our team and contribute to our mission of connecting exceptional scientific talent with pioneering organizations in the Life Sciences sector!
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with 11 offices in Canada and one in the United States, a staff of more than 30 Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on clients’ needs and candidates’ goals.
Follow us on LinkedIn!