Senior Account Manager – Food Service
Our client, a BC based Food Service company, is looking for a sharp, high-potential individual to join their team as a Senior Account Manager. The ideal candidate will demonstrate confidence and exhibit exceptional communication and relationship-building abilities. Furthermore, the candidate should possess well-honed analytical and negotiation skills, enabling them to effectively navigate complex business situations. A positive and can-do attitude is of utmost importance, reflecting their drive to overcome challenges and achieve outstanding results.
- Promote and sell the company’s product line to key regional chain accounts;
- Build business and sales plans (volume, profitability, product opportunities, promotional plan, etc.) for each assigned customer with sales targets by product category
- Manage and communicate current market studies by product and category and define opportunities for each customer
- Negotiate mutual agreements with key regional chain accounts while maintaining an understanding of the company's challenges and corresponding strategic orientations;
- Monitor budgets allocated for each key accounts
- Carry out monthly or quarterly sales reviews and track each customer's sales performance and contribution with a specific plan of action to correct any anomalies or to stimulate sales
- Maintain and strengthen relationships with customers in order to know and understand their strategic business orientations so as to build a joint strategy for their products
- Ensure that commitments made to the company by each account are respected in close collaboration with the appropriate internal departments (volume, price discounts, monetary commitment, promotional plan, etc.)
- Maintain regular communication internally to help manage regional chain accounts' daily operations
- Responsible for the performance of categories and products for each customer according to results and strategies
- Responsible for coordinating and introducing new products both in-house (R&D, labelling, forecasting, etc.) and with key accounts
- Prepare submissions and do necessary financial analyses
- Bachelor degree or technical certificate required
- Ideally at least 5+ years experience in sales - either field or key accounts, within CPG or Foodservice Industries
- Above average communication, time and priority management skills
- Excellent analytical and financial capacities so as to make quick and informed decisions
- Excellent interpersonal skills so as to establish and maintain good business relations with customers
- Possesses strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Shows proficiency in contributing to team success
- Thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, with advanced knowledge
- Valid Drivers license
If you’re a Sales Professional with a background within food service or CPG looking to grow their career, please send your resume to Jackson Stewart using the “Apply” button.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with 11 offices in Canada and one in the United States, a staff of more than 30 Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on clients’ needs and candidates’ goals.
Follow us on LinkedIn!