Our family-owned client has been leading their industry for more than 45 years. Their longevity has earned them the trust and respect of both customers and manufacturers. What makes them unique is the continued investment in people, partnerships, and the community. If you are a great analytical and critical thinker, with strong negotiation skills wanting to join one of Canada’s largest independent distributors of hard goods, we have a fantastic opportunity for you.
As the Category Manager you are an integral part of the management team and responsible for selecting and developing products, sourcing suppliers, negotiating price, cataloging, and merchandising for the category. In addition, you will ensure products are of high quality and delivered on time.
- Monitor and research the category’s market and industry trends to ensure that company is offering the best to its customers and to identify new products and product line opportunities.
- Devise long-term development strategies for product lines
- Develop forecasts as well as analyze and deliver on key metrics to improve inventory management.
- Together with the General Manager, develop and execute yearly marketing and promotions plan to ultimately build sales and margins.
- Conduct line reviews to increase the profitability of line offerings by filling gaps and eliminating duplication in existing product lines as well as making decisions on end of line items.
- Work closely with suppliers and in-house logistics team to plan purchases in a manner where the right items arrive on time in the right quantity and at the right price.
- Develop and execute purchasing plan in consultation with sales team and management.
- Collaborate with Marketing Department to maintain online sales platform, create marketing materials and ensure consistent packaging or develop new packaging where appropriate.
- Contribute to business development by supporting sales representatives with technical knowledge, formulating presentations for major customers, and explore opportunities with existing customers.
- Continue to source new and exciting products while negotiating the best possible prices to offer customers.
- Product development or buying experience, with a proven track-record of adding value for customers
- Merchandising experience an asset
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with proven ability to leverage data and analytics
- Understands industry and consumer trends in Hardware and Power Tool Accessories
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Results oriented with track-record of meeting deadlines
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Willingness to travel abroad and within North America
- Proficient in Excel
If the opportunity to work with an industry leading company, please apply in confidence by directly emailing your resume to Trevor Martin at: email@example.com
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers that do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, provincial or federal laws, rules, or regulations. Our policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities upon request.
Follow us on LinkedIn!