Senior Director of Marketing
Our client, an innovative national wholesaler, and manufacturer within the ‘Building Products’ sector, is seeking a Senior Director of Marketing to lead their strategic growth plan and branding strategies across Canada; as well, with their expansion into the US market. The primary focus of this position will be to lead, develop and execute a long-term multifaceted marketing plan that will involve, but will not be limited to, product expansion, pricing alignment throughout their branch infrastructure, new market development, along with national and regional promotional programs. Inevitably all plans lead to the company goals of increasing market share, company awareness and drive profitable gains.
This is a newly created, and a pivotal role within the organization. The successful candidate will be a dynamic and highly motivated marketing leader who has compelling drive a critical understanding of the market and can focus on a go-to market strategy.
Our client is extremely motivated to hire the ‘most suitable candidate’ for this key leadership position. Financial relocation support will be provided to ensure those interested in this opportunity, who currently reside outside the Greater Vancouver Region, can comfortably relocate to the market. This leadership position will be key to company culture, team development, and moreover, involved with multiple departments and stakeholders at their headquarters, and as such, is an in-office position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing and supporting sales strategy and annual business plans for long term growth that bundle product offering with new sector focuses, as well that support current sector penetration
- Ensuring alignment and execution of marketing strategy by looking strategically at 4P’s
- Ensuring synergy of marketing plans with sales and operations teams – must have alignment with branch/store infrastructure
- Delivers market share and financial commitments to optimize short term performance and long- term growth.
- Allocating resources that aligns with strategy and priorities for the business
- Coming up with market forecasts that supports the financial team
- Ensure business stay competitive by keeping up with the market trends
- Responsible for talent acquisition, training and development of the marketing team
- Leads the organization in ensuring a highly compliant culture in all interactions internally and externally.
Qualifications and Experience
- Post secondary is preferred, Bachelor of Business or Marketing (or other relevant degree)
- MBA desirable w Marketing focus
- Ability to create dealer network platforms that service both regional and national focuses
- Previous marketing leadership experience within the Building Products, Manufacturing, and/or Wholesale sectors is appealing.
- Minimum 8-10 years with Marketing Leadership leading a team
- Strong knowledge of marketing skillset including strategic planning, broad brand building, innovation management and consumer insights
- Demonstrate sense of accountability, detail-oriented and bright buy humble…
- Team player personality, with strong communication skills
Offers & Benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an ambitious, growing team that is driven to continuously improve in a competitive landscape
- Financial relocation support will be provided for the right candidate
- Ability to implement YOUR plans and strategy to drive results
- An attractive compensation package, including premium salary, performance incentives and benefits, including, Extended Medical/Dental
If you’re an experienced Marketing Leader who checks all the boxes, apply today in confidence by emailing your resume to Cameron Lappin at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers that do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, provincial or federal laws, rules, or regulations. Our policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities upon request.
Follow us on LinkedIn!