Our client is seeking a Senior Market Access and Government Relations Manager. The incumbent must be an experienced market access policy and government relations professional with a proven track record of conceiving, developing, and delivering successful stakeholder engagement initiatives driven by a passion for patient access to best possible care.
- Develop trustworthy and long-term relationships with Provincial Drug Plans, Provincial/National Healthcare Agencies, Provincial Ministers of Health and Health Policy Advisors, Private Payers, Patient Advocacy Groups, Regional Health Authorities, and Retail Pharmacy Groups.
- Establish and maintain a comprehensive understanding of all stakeholder/customer needs.
- Develop and execute regional multi-stakeholder integrated patient access tactical plans to secure optimal access.
- Proactively identify emerging government health policy changes and cost containment initiatives in the marketplace.
- Provide senior-level strategic counsel and field intelligence for the development of patient centric reimbursement strategies.
- Build an effective working relationship with the Canadian cross-functional team and, as necessary, Global teams to support the Canadian brand plans over the course of the product lifecycle.
- Contribute to negotiation strategies and manage regional listing negotiations with the Head of Market Access and Government Relations.
- Build interconnections between targeted stakeholders to identify and deliver on opportunities to collaborate in response to patient needs to achieve the best possible care.
- University degree in business or science.
- Minimum 5 years direct experience in Market Access, government affairs, advocacy, and external engagement in the pharmaceutical industry in Canada.
- Established strong networks and trustworthy relationships with key reimbursement decision-makers in assigned territory.
- Experience building payer and other key external stakeholders engagement strategies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the private payor sector, public policy development, industry reimbursement requirements, and the interrelationship between the political and bureaucratic levels of government.
- Strong strategic and analytical thinking.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Proven project and time management skills.
- Ability to work and collaborate in a team environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft.
- Bilingual English/French would be an asset.
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with a dozen offices in Canada, a staff of more than 50 Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on clients’ needs and candidates’ goals.
Follow us on LinkedIn!