Full Stack Developer
Do you have a solid understanding of software development principles? Do you also have prior experience in a software developer/ support role? Our client is seeking a talented and motivated Full Stack Developer to join their team in Edmonton, Alberta!
This individual will be responsible for working with their third party to develop, maintain, and enhance their proprietary software. Their software offers an innovative, cutting-edge solution that streamlines and automates various business processes, increasing efficiency and productivity. As a key member of their development team, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams to help design, implement, test, and deploy new features and functionalities.
What you will be doing:
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and other stakeholders to understand requirements and translate them into technical specifications for development.
- Design, develop, test, and deploy new features, enhancements, and bug fixes.
- Write clean, efficient, and maintainable code using industry best practices and coding standards.
- Conduct thorough testing and debugging of functionalities to ensure high-quality deliverables.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues reported by users or identified during testing and maintenance phases.
- Collaborate with the development team to optimize performance.
- Conduct regular code reviews to ensure adherence to coding standards and to provide constructive feedback to team members.
- Stay updated with the latest technologies and trends in software development to suggest improvements and innovative solutions.
- Collaborate with the team to create and maintain technical documentation, including specifications, design documents, and user manuals.
The experience you bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field. Equivalent practical experience will also be considered.
- Proven experience designing, implementing, testing, and deploying new software features and functionalities and/or supporting/managing these processes.
- Strong proficiency in various programming languages. Experience working with PHP and Laravel is an asset.
- Solid understanding of software development principles, including software design patterns, algorithms, and data structures.
- Experience with relational databases and MySQL.
- Experience integrating Application Programming Interfaces (APIs).
- Knowledge of version control systems (for example Git).
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and teamwork abilities.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies is a plus.
- Prior experience with developing and maintaining enterprise-level software systems is a plus.
- Experience with Linux servers is a plus.
If you are a passionate and self-driven software developer who thrives in a dynamic and collaborative environment, we would love to hear from you! Please apply in confidence for immediate consideration using the “Apply” button.
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with 11 offices in Canada and one in the United States, a staff of more than 30 Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on client needs and candidate goals.
Follow us on LinkedIn!