Strategic Development Trainee
Greater Vancouver, BC
Lock Search Group is a leading permanent placement recruiting firm and our client is one of Canada’s leading national distributors of building products in the construction market (residential, commercial, and industrial). Their business is growing, and they are looking for energetic and results driven individuals to join their Strategic Development Trainee Program to groom them for future leadership positions.
This program will allow individuals with 1-2 years’ work experience to discover and learn every aspect of the business in a setting that is focused on training new skills.
What you’ll get:
- Top-of-class sales development program with a focus on grooming for leadership roles
- Amazingly thorough training with a strong emphasis on mentorship
- Unlimited potential for internal growth
The first part of the program will be spent in a regional branch where you will learn exactly the business from the ground up - shipping and receiving, counter sales, and operations management. The second part of the program will hone your skills on the customer-focused side of things, where you will be learning inside and outside sales.
Throughout the program, your on-the-job experience is supplemented with coaching by experienced mentors, customer visits, and a variety of training courses. Upon successful completion from the program, you will be promoted (but not limited) to an Outside Sales Representative, or even a Branch Manager position to run your own operation.
This unique Development Program is, in essence, a rotational program as follows:
- Develop a thorough knowledge of all company products on the floor
- Learn the flow from product to the vendor to customer
- Get to experience the support side of sales
Project Management/Inside Sales
- Start taking on larger customers (bigger projects, corporations)
Account Management/Outside Sales
- Build strong and lasting customer relationships
- Hunt for new business opportunities and sell products
- Manage a customer through a contract
- Diploma or University Degree is preferred in Business, Marketing and/or Sales
- Enthusiastic, positive, people-oriented personality
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit, results-oriented mindset and a team player
- Work well with minimal supervision and take ownership and initiative
- Valid Driver's license with clean abstract
- Competitive Base Salary
- Benefits and Pension Plan
- Annual Bonus
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply directly please send your resume to Cameron Lappin by clicking the apply button or at email@example.com
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers that do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, provincial or federal laws, rules, or regulations. Our policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities upon request.
Follow us on LinkedIn!