Our client is a North American supply chain leader, specializing in port terminal operations, stevedoring (loading and off-loading vessels), marine services, logistics, and transportation. They are in high-growth mode, with more than 2000 team members and are seeking a highly motivated, career minded operations professional to join their Hamilton Ontario terminal leadership team.
Are you an engaging leader who enjoys influencing their team in a positive, productive, and meaningful way? Do you enjoy developing and guiding a team in a fast-paced, dynamic working environment? Do you want your next career opportunity to be both challenging and highly rewarding? Are you eager to expand your knowledge and experience of marine terminal operations? If so, then this is the opportunity you have been looking for.
The successful candidate would be responsible for a range of job duties including planning, organizing and supervising terminal and vessel operations to ensure the smooth running of activities and the achievement of objectives, and supervise a team of longshoreman in an engaging and efficient manner.
Our client views their employees as part of a family, where they are respected and valued. The successful candidate would be joining a team where respect and loyalty are promoted within the workplace.
- Plan the stages of the work to optimize the use of labour and equipment;
- Dispatch tasks and manage a team of twenty longshoreman;
- Supervise the application of safe work practices and takes part in their updating, ensure the application of safety and environmental policies, procedures and standards;
- Bring continuous improvements and innovation in working methods and effective use of equipment and labour;
- Coordinate the execution of the work in order to meet the agreed timelines;
- Proactively solve the difficulties encountered;
- Contribute to client satisfaction by keeping the stakeholder informed of the progress of the
- Closely monitor operations on the ground and provides recognition.
- Possess a mobilizing leadership and a good sense of work organization;
- Enjoy working outdoor in a zero routine context;
- Have a practical sense, action-oriented and results-oriented;
- Enjoy working with equipment and heavy machinery;
- Be conscientious of the quality of work and the costumer service;
- Be available to work on rotating schedule including weekends and night shifts.
If you meet the job requirements above and have interest in exploring this opportunity further, please initiate your candidacy by clicking the APPLY button.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted.