Supervisor, Terminal Operations and Logistics
Our client is a North American supply chain leader, specializing in port terminal operations, stevedoring (loading and off-loading vessels), marine services, logistics, and transportation. They are in high-growth mode, with more than 2000 team members and are seeking a highly motivated, career minded operations professional to join their Oshawa Ontario terminal leadership team.
Do you enjoy organizing, planning, and coordinating truck operations? Are you an engaging leader who enjoys influencing their team in a positive, productive, and meaningful way? Do you enjoy developing and guiding a team in a fast-paced, dynamic working environment? Do you want your next career opportunity to be both challenging and highly rewarding? Are you eager to expand your knowledge and experience of marine terminal operations? If so, then this is the opportunity you have been looking for.
The successful candidate would be responsible for a range of job duties including planning and coordinating the truck loading and unloading, collaborate with management to fulfill customer requests, and supervise a team of longshoreman in an engaging and efficient manner.
Our client views their employees as part of a family, where they are respected and valued. The successful candidate would be joining a team where respect and loyalty are promoted within the workplace.
- Accurately measure the level of OHS compliance by conducting field audits, actively participate in HSSE investigations, and supervise the implementation of corrective action plans.
- Provide engaging leadership to the team in order to reach outlined objectives
- Understand best practices related to workforce management, training and work schedules and consistently apply them in everyday work activities
- Confidently and proactively resolve service issues as they arise
- Uphold operational environmental policies by ensuring workplace practices meet the outlined procedures and regulations
- Accurately monitor compliance with environmental standards by conducting field audits
- Build customer loyalty and develop lasting partnerships by providing high quality customer service
- Use strong attention to detail when reviewing availability and accessibility of cargo in order to prepare weekly trucking appointments
- College degree in relevant discipline, for example, management or transportation logistics
- Minimum 5 years of experience in operations management
- Available to travel occasionally
- Available to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Previous experience tackling issues using a customer focus approach
- Experience providing engaging leadership
If you meet the job requirements above and have interest in exploring this opportunity further, please initiate your candidacy by clicking the APPLY button.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted.