The Territory Manager is a field-based position and is responsible for the launch and sale of a new and innovative diagnostic technology. The Territory Manager will be tasked with developing and selling into new accounts, developing relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and clinicians. Additionally, The Territory Manager is expected to have a strong foundation for capital sales with a proven ability to drive and close sales in a complex hospital selling environment. The successful candidate will have existing relationships at the hospital level and should be a self-starter, and able to perform at a high level with limited direct supervision.
- This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Drive profitable sales growth and maximize sales revenue within a defined territory by identifying, developing, maintaining, and advancing accounts and prospects.
- Prepare and maintain territory business plans, and sales forecasts.
- Collaborate with management to support the execution of all marketing launch plans and new product sales objectives.
- Identify and develop Key Opinion Leaders to effectively support and launch products.
- Develop expert knowledge of the product and be able to provide full product demonstrations to KOLs and clinicians.
- Regular use of all sales tools, such as a CRM, to effectively plan and measure sales activities against territory’s current customer base and prospective customers.
- Routinely run reports to align trends, customer needs, and opportunities with territory business strategy.
- A minimum of 5 years of outside sales/account management experience in Hospital capital sales required; medical device industry experience required. Understanding/Experience in Long Term Care (preferred but not required).
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University.
- Proven track record in launching new products.
- A critical thinker who can effectively identify and develop opportunities and has an ability to adapt as needed.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to present and negotiate.
- Capable of working both collaborative with team members within the region as well as independently.
- Maintains integrity, high ethics and professional codes of conduct at all times.
- Ability to operate Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Possess a valid driver's license, safe driving record, and maintain auto insurance coverage.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Greater Toronto Area based position.
- Ability to travel (up to 30%)