Territory Sales Manager – HVAC sector
Greater Vancouver, BC
Our client, an innovative national ‘Wholesale Distribution’ leader in the heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration industry, is seeking to add a talented Territory Sales Manager to manage and grow their market share with the HVAC Contractor community within the Greater Vancouver & Lower Mainland region. The successful candidate will be a dynamic and highly motivated professional who has compelling drive, as well, technical/mechanical aptitude and knowledge. The right candidate will also bring a successful track record of previous sales experience working in a technical space which involved both targeting and supporting Contractors.
In this role you will autonomously oversee all sales activities in a territory, which will involve prospecting for new clients, while ensuring existing clients ‘think of you, and your company first’ for their HVAC products/equipment needs. It will be essential that you identify and implement business strategies to exceed personal and company targets, will supporting a company with a ‘customer-centric’ philosophy.
- Continue to cultivate and expand revenue with existing contractor customers…with a strategic focus on relationship management and creating partnership programs.
- Significant focus will be on ensuring existing customers are receiving exceptional service from you, and your team/branch infrastructure
- Actively prospect and secure new customers to support new account activation goals and revenue growth targets
- Work closely with internal stakeholders which include branch personnel (inside sales and branch operations team members) and district resources.
- Source project sales opportunities for ongoing revenue opportunities
- Focus on selling value, while promoting the organization’s competitive advantages within a competitive marketplace
- Strategically manage your territory to maximize time in markets, and stay connected with existing clients, while pursue new account opportunities in those same areas.
- Must possess Mechanical Aptitude and technical knowhow
- HVAC specific sales experience is a ‘nice to have’ and has been requested by our client, but not critical
- 5+ Years experience in ‘outside sales’ or ‘territory account management’ in a technical/mechanical environment is a must
- Initiative to prospect for new business with a track-record of success managing a key account book of business
- Possess the people-skills to build relationships within a mechanical industry – networking is important
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to support demand and problem solve in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time and organizational skills – ability to juggle multiple ‘to do list’ items
- Valid Driver’s Licence
Offers & Benefits:
- The unique opportunity to work for a national company that is stable and growing
- Offer will come with a performance-based compensation package, including salary, bonus and commissions, Extended Medical/Dental and a car mileage (allowance) program
- Opportunities for personal and professional development is massive within this company
Follow us on LinkedIn!