St. John’s, NL
Are you an experienced underwriter looking for a new opportunity? This may be the role for you! Lock Search Group is pleased to present an exciting opportunity in the insurance space. Our client, one of Atlantic Canada's largest insurance brokers, is looking for an Underwriter. The successful candidate will be based in St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador and will work on-site (eligible to work remotely 2 days a week).
What you will be doing:
- Analyze relevant reports (home inspections, motor vehicle, claims reports, etc.) to assess risk and claims exposure
- Work internally with other teams to identify available coverages, appropriate premiums, and necessary terms for new business, policy renewals, and endorsements
- Provide technical support and underwriting coaching
- Act as an ambassador
The experience you bring:
- 3 - 5 years of Property/Casualty underwriting experience
- Completed (or are currently working towards) a Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation preferred
- Able to think creatively, prioritize key requirements, and make independent decisions
- Analytical, inquisitive, and able to multitask and juggle priorities
- Able to see the big picture and fill in the gaps to develop a solution
- Great team player!
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with 11 offices in Canada and one in the United States, a staff of more than 30 Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on clients’ needs and candidates’ goals.