Vice President, Engineering
Lock Search Group is thrilled to partner with an industry leader and powerhouse in the world of heavy equipment innovation and manufacturing to lead their search for a skilled and seasoned Vice President of Engineering.
Based in Collingwood, Ontario, our client has created a legacy of expertise in several vital sectors. Primarily focused in underground mining, their range of specialized machinery is tailor-made for the harshest environments beneath the Earth's surface. Their dedication to excellence and safety shines through every piece of machinery, making them a go-to brand for miners and workers who want to be equipped with tools that prioritize their well-being. Though they came from modest origins, their network now spans 4 continents, 6 countries, and employs over 1000 individuals ripe with ingenuity and drive.
Reporting to the President, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading the entire engineering function while being given range to ensure that the company is pipelining and delivering projects that are fit for purpose while maintaining a competitive advantage for the business. This candidate will be given the opportunity to lead, inspire, and manage a growing, global team of top-notch engineering across company sectors. If you are an experienced engineer with a track-record of success in heavy machinery manufacturing and senior leadership positions, this could be your next chance to thrive and make an impact on a global scale, and we want to hear from you!
Please continue reviewing the responsibilities and requirements below and contact us to express you interest.
What you will be doing:
- Taking charge of the entire Engineering function spanning R&D and Production, assuming end-to-end ownership.
- Managing and optimizing the division's budget, showcasing financial acumen and strategic oversight.
- Cultivating a high-performing Engineering team through leadership, mentorship, and professional growth.
- Igniting a culture of creativity, proactively identifying and nurturing novel engineering technologies and innovations.
- Forging collaborations with internal and external stakeholders, championing alignment and garnering support.
- Spearheading the differentiation between critical bottlenecks and avoidable delays in product releases.
- Scrutinizing processes and instigating transformative changes that can ensure the punctual delivery of top-notch products.
- Pioneering the adoption of systematic process development, while ensuring meticulous planning and holistic input for project success.
- Embarking on journeys to diverse regions/sites (national and international) in order to facilitate cross-functional collaboration across all levels, infusing leadership and invaluable support where needed.
- Delivering insightful and strategic updates to the President and Senior Leadership Team, contributing to informed decision-making.
The experience you bring:
- University Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Hydraulic) or in a related discipline, P. Eng designation required.
- Minimum of 20 years of relevant experience with at least 5 years in a similar role, preferably in heavy mobile equipment design and manufacturing
- Experience and comfortable working in a matrix organization with x-functional teams and multiple stakeholders, proven track record in a senior management role – leading and developing a multi layered team
- Experience in managing medium/large size engineering organizations encompassing research and development and regular production.
- Proven capability to develop and maintain strong collaborative business relationships across global and regional functions.
- Program management skills: identification and management of stakeholders, milestone development and tracking of progress, resource management, risk mitigation, detailed action planning and change management
- Experience with various aspects relating to business acumen such as the Ability to interact at various levels within the global and regional integrated supply chain, the ability to interface x-functionally with other groups (e.g., Procurement, Production, Finance) and proven experience managing complex budgets
If you have the skills and experience required to succeed in this role, please express your interest by using the “Apply Now” button. Lock Search Group Sr. Consultant, Charles Warren is looking forward to working with all qualified candidates.
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with 11 offices in Canada and one in the United States, a staff of more than 30 Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on client needs and candidate goals.