VP of Sales & Marketing
Greater Vancouver or Kelowna, BC
Are you an innovative, hands-on team leader who thinks outside of the box? Our client is a leading Canadian beverage and food manufacturer in their sector, with multiple plants positioned in British Columbia. Jackson Stewart of Lock Search Group is working with our industry leading client to find a VP of Sales and Marketing; a position that can be based in the Lower Mainland or Okanagan Valley. Our client is looking for an exceptional leader who is passionate, result-oriented, and focused on making a difference.
Reporting to the CEO, the VP of Sales & Marketing will be responsible for leading a very sharp and high-functioning team of salespeople and marketers at various levels. The successful candidate will have direct oversight for developing long-term strategic vision, building key customer relationships, identifying business opportunities, and maintaining in-depth knowledge of the current market conditions and trends. There is also complete oversight on the overall performance of the brands to achieve corporate goals by regularly utilizing an analyzing Key Performance Indictors (KPI's).
Our client is extremely motivated to hire the ‘most suitable candidate’ for this key leadership position. Financial relocation support will be provided to ensure those interested in this opportunity, who currently reside outside the Greater Vancouver Region or Okanagan Valley, can comfortably relocate to either of those the markets.
- Developing and supporting sales strategy and annual business plans for long term growth that bundle product offering with new sector focuses, as well that support current sector penetration
- Ensuring synergy of marketing plans with sales and operations teams
- Delivers market share and financial commitments to optimize short term performance and long- term growth.
- Allocating resources that aligns with strategy and priorities for the business
- Coming up with market forecasts that supports the financial team
- Ensure business stay competitive by keeping up with the market trends
- Responsible for talent acquisition, training and development of the sales & marketing team
- Leads the organization in ensuring a highly compliant culture in all interactions internally and externally
- Dealing with a short shelf life commodity (fast moving, and pro-active, but also ability to problems quickly)
- Relationships with Key Accounts and Key Vendors (strong sales team with relationships, can rely on but key to build own relationships)
- Previous Experience in Sales leadership roles within the food manufacturing Sales & Marketing Space, or related experience – preferably in an equivalent position of responsibility and size
- Post secondary education is a must prefer a Bachelor of Business or Marketing (or other relevant degree)
- Proven success and experience within CPG sales and marketing space
- Current Director/Senior Director/VP level experience
- Leadership experience in managing high-performing teams
- Strong knowledge of categories with low shelf-life (e.g., protein, dairy, produce) and supply chain implications
- High sense of urgency and a results-driven mindset
- Innovative thinking and a positive attitude
- Data-driven decision-making and strong analytical skills
- Prudent strategic vision and a commitment to quality
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Attractive financial package and executive incentive bonus program
- Excellent benefits, with an attractive Vehicle Allowance (benefits start day 1)
- Pension Plan, Profit Sharing, and a Group RRSP contribution program.
- Relocation package available for the right individual
This is an exceptional opportunity for an ambitious leader to join a rapidly growing and forward-thinking organization. If you are passionate about the CPG industry and possess the drive to succeed, we invite you to be a part of our client's continued growth, please send your resume to Jackson Stewart (Senior Recruitment Consultant) by using the “Apply” button.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with 11 offices in Canada and one in the United States, a staff of more than 30 Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on clients’ needs and candidates’ goals.
Follow us on LinkedIn!