Lock Search Group is pleased to present an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing, entrepreneurial company in the high-tech vending services and frictionless retail space. Our client is looking for a Warehouse Inventory Controller to oversee their Vaughan warehouse, end-to-end.
Our client is on the cutting edge of technology and shaping the future of retail in Canada. They are a young, dynamic team dedicated to providing industry leading fulfillment to vending machines and clients located in southern Ontario.
Overview of the position:
The Warehouse Inventory Controller will help manage aspects of a warehouse operation for fulfillment. This is an important role that requires you to take charge of warehousing and inventory related duties.
What you will be doing:
- Manage product inventory levels to ensure adequate product supply with minimal spoilage.
- Manage warehouse associates and order pickers to ensure compliance with procedures, work accuracy and proper completion of tasks.
- Develop and implement warehouse best practices and processes.
- Maintain and organize warehouse inventory with first-in first-out rotation.
- Setup and use warehousing systems to ensure warehouse is functioning in optimal state and in accordance with proper system usage and processes.
- Regularly review system metrics and reporting to determine if standards are being met or implement corrective action if necessary.
- Place orders, coordinate and liaise with suppliers.
- Responsible for tracking the products in the warehouse, managing stock, and optimizing the layout of the warehouse.
- Ensure warehouse inventory numbers are kept accurate.
- Develop and maintain warehouse policies and KPI. Create purchase orders and requisitions as needed for all supplies. Establish guidelines for purchasing and contract management.
- Any other warehouse tasks as necessary
The experience you bring:
- Bachelor's degree is preferred with three years of proven work experience.
- Previous experience leading a team and managing a budget.
- Strong computer and analytical skills. Knowledge in use of ERP is strongly preferred (NetSuite, Sage, SAP, Dynamics, etc.)
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills and strong attention to detail
- Solid ability to meet all deadlines in an organized and timely manner.
If you’re an experienced Warehouse Controller and looking to join a young, dynamic team, please apply in confidence for immediate consideration using the “Apply” button.
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with 11 offices in Canada and one in the United States, a staff of more than 30 Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on clients’ needs and candidates’ goals.