Civil Project Manager
Our client is a Canadian Industrial Manufacturer. Due to company growth they have asked Aaron Nagy of Lock Search Group to assist them in their search for a Civil Project Manager to join their team in Hamilton.
Reporting to the Engineering and Construction Ontario Director, the incumbent is responsible for project management and leads the organization in the critical engineering tasks, development and/or implementation of strategies and polices as related to the Project.
- Fully document equipment, including design, drafting, and revision control in accordance with proposal and client.
- Collaborating and leading the project team toward preparation of a professional and economical set of plans and specifications
- Ensuring appropriate QA/QC practices are implemented, consistent with company practices
- Leading the production/coordination of preliminary and detailed design drawings and preparation of related reports, coordination of approvals, development of construction cost estimates, and liaising with client, sub-consultants and contractors
- Reviews products for cost-effectiveness of design and material selection
- Tendering, contract awards and contract management
- Coordinate with all consultants and plan meetings and development actions
- All required permitting: Building, environmental add jurisdictional
- Act as coach/mentor/resource regarding safety issues to production teams.
- Plans, schedules, strategizes and oversees all construction activities while continually maintaining the building code requirements
- Minimum 3-5 years of Project Management experience at Civil Industrial
- University Degree in Civil Engineering
- Knowledge in Heavy industrial Equipment considered an asset
- Ability to use Auto cad and MS Project is a must
- Knowledge of OBC Code
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills within the field of expertise
- Ability to organize, plan and prioritize work requirements effectively with minimal direction
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication.
- Strong Attention to Detail
- Experience in estimating, planning approval processes and working within the regulatory process would be considered an asset
- Work may require travel and occasional weekend and/or evenings
- Ability to read/produce site plans and specifications
- Knowledge of the Environmental Civil regulations and norms
- Experience with infrastructure projects is essential
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume in confidence to Aaron Nagy via the “apply now” button.