Director of Operations
Our client is an innovative industry-leading pharmaceutical company, the organization is committed to their value of bettering lives and advancing healthcare through their research and science. Due to company growth, they have retained Christopher Goodrick of Lock Search Group to assist them in their search for a Director of Operations to join their team in the Edmonton, AB. As the ideal candidate you will be an integral part of the leadership team as you navigate the forefront and operations of a new facility.
- Plan, direct and coordinate center operations to support sales and profitability objectives
- Provide leadership for internal team through effective communication, planning, training, and development
- Execute and maintain financial, operational and customer service success
- Build and adhere to budgets for each of the functional areas under their supervision
- Develop, maintain, and drive key operational metrics, key performance indicators and standards to allow for the proactive management of the facility
- Assess and review work procedures to meet production schedules
- Provide leadership for problem resolution to facilitate fast improvements and improved working relationships
- Ensure compliance and company standards for cost control, quality, health & safety - maintain operations that comply with all regulatory standards and internal SOPs
- Provide oversight and revision to Standard Operating Procedures and Internal Protocols
- Contribute and establish Key Performance Indicators for all direct reports, ensuring regular reviews and coaching sessions take place
- Identify, communicate, and drive implementation of capital investments and improvement projects
Skills & Qualifications:
- Post Secondary Degree, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in distribution, warehousing, or manufacturing environment
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry and/or automation is an asset
- 10+ years of experience in a leadership setting with Labour Relations/ Employee Relations experience
- Proven project and budget management experience with driven financial results
- Ability to operate within stringent compliance requirements and production deadlines
- Proven expertise in organizational development and operations management, six sigma, lean principles and process improvement, strategic and business planning methods, project planning and coordinating
- Ability to lead and influence a diverse team during change, while maintaining cooperation, motivation
Apply online to this posting or send your resume to Christopher Goodrick at email@example.com with Director of Operations in the Subject Line.
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with a dozen offices in Canada, a staff of more than 50 Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on clients’ needs and candidates’ goals.