Director of Sales, ERP Software
Our Client is a well-established and growing ERP software vendor providing innovative and mission-critical solutions to organizations across North America in Oil & Gas, Aerospace & Defense, Life Sciences, Industrial Field Services, Industrial Machinery & Components, Food & Beverage, and High Tech.
People who succeed in this organization are the same type of people that you want to work with; resourceful, driven, intelligent, and they genuinely care about the success of their Customers.
Continued growth in the business has created the need for a Director of Sales. Based in Calgary or Houston (or anywhere for that matter!) and reporting directly to the President, the Director of Sales is responsible for the overall productivity and effectiveness of the Sales organization and manages all sales functions essential to achieving sales targets including planning, reporting, selling, management, sales training, performance reviews, sales compensation design, sales meetings, and the final selection of sales force talent.
This is a “Player Coach” role and as such the Director of Sales will also have a personal sales quota.
Specifically, the Director of Sales will:
- Develop strategies, establish priorities, provide direction, and drive sales to achieve new revenue targets.
- Build, develop, and lead a dynamic US/Canada Sales team within a forward-thinking, and diverse organization.
- Articulate the vision for the company’s sales strategies, programs, and projects.
- Establish and maintain an enthusiastic, positive, and adaptable work environment.
- Take a leadership position on larger sales engagements and bring them to a successful close.
- Utilize market research and predictive analytics, to facilitate strategy and generate revenue.
- Work with the senior management team to set revenue and sales goals.
- Work closely with the Marketing department to develop lead generation initiatives.
You love leading growth strategies, and you know what it takes for a business to be profitable in a competitive and ever-changing marketplace. You’re an excellent communicator who listens when people talk; and when you talk, people listen. For you, it’s all about inspiring a team to deliver results, and embracing the challenge of resolving complex problems with creative solutions.
In addition to strong natural leadership abilities, team management, and interpersonal skills, the Director of Sales actively and consistently demonstrates the ability to work collaboratively within the Senior Leadership Group.
From a personal perspective, the successful Candidate will be:
- A passionate yet thoughtful, decisive, and creative leader whose style, drive and positive attitude will permeate and motivate the organization.
- People-oriented, calm, and a go-to problem-solver with a sense of humour, and a natural ability to establish a high degree of credibility with Staff, Customers and Stakeholders.
- Principled with high integrity, sound judgement, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a passion for sales.
From a professional perspective, the ideal Candidate will have:
- 10+ years of successful sales experience in Information Technology. ERP experience an asset.
- 4+ years of experience leading successful professional sales teams.
- Proven skills in building rapport, opening doors, and understanding the business requirements of senior decision makers, both in-person and virtually.
- Detailed understanding of the sales process, and proven experience developing sales strategies, assembling sales teams, and generating measurable results.
- A track record of establishing trust and credibility online, effectively leading a remote Sales team, and scaling up sales organizations.
What’s in it for you?
This is a rare opportunity to assume a key Senior Leadership role within a well-established employer in growth mode, where you can have a significant and measurable impact on the positive evolution of the organization. If the opportunity to join a highly respected organization in a key Senior Leadership role with significant professional and financial growth potential is appealing to you, please reply in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Client offers competitive base pay, commission, bonus, equity, and comprehensive benefits.
We appreciate and consider all applications however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.