Maintenance Supervisor & Millwright Lead – Kelowna
Our client is an innovative manufacturer and leader. They have engaged and retained Cameron Lappin of the Lock Search Group to help them find an accomplished, driven, and experienced Maintenance Supervisor and Millwright Lead for their facility located in Kelowna, BC.
As the Maintenance Supervisor and Millwright Lead, you will be responsible for ensuring all safety and health standards are followed, operational objectives are met and the organization’s physical assets are maintained. The right person will be responsible for ensuring all day to day and planned preventative maintenance requirements are met through ongoing leadership in the service and maintenance of all equipment and critical systems within the plant.
In addition, you will:
- Lead equipment commission
- Create, develop and manage the preventative maintenance program
- Train and build strong relationships with the staff within the plant as well as external vendors
- Ensure compliance with all codes, regulations, and municipal bylaws by managing and maintaining all utility requirements for the plant
- Day to day responsibilities such as troubleshooting and ‘repairs’ with equipment and machinery
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement initiatives in plant processes and procedures
- Minimize waste and plant mechanical downtime
This is an exciting opportunity for a hands-on individual who is willing to put the work in as well as wants to grow their skill set. Our client is all about taking a proactive approach to maintenance and is looking for an individual with the same mindset. If you are looking to join a company that offers a supportive learning environment and in a very fast-paced environment, you may be a fit for this position.
To qualify for this role, you will have:
- A minimum of 5+ years as a Millwright from within manufacturing
- Ability to lead, train and manage staff – leadership qualities
- Experience in developing goals, priorities and expectations and action plans and strategies based on organization needs
- Experience working with CRM software and a maintenance planning systems
- A proven record of execution of preventative and systematic maintenance programs
- The ability to prepare and present recommendations to coworkers and decision makers
extremely strong organizational and analytical skills
- The suitable candidate must be organized, well-spoken and familiar with working in a fast-paced environment
Our client provides a strong compensation and benefits package; in addition, a culture and working environment that is collaborative and team-oriented. If the opportunity to become an integral part an industry leading company, is of interest to you, please reply in confidence.
HOW TO APPLY:
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume in confidence to Cameron Lappin, Recruitment Consultant by clicking the blue APPLY button.
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with a dozen offices in Canada, a staff of more than 50 Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on clients’ needs and candidates’ goals