Associate Director - Market Access and Government Affairs
Lock Search Group is proud to be partnering with this global, specialty focussed pharmaceutical company in their search for an Associate Director, Market Access and Government Affairs. This organization has been well known for bringing novel drugs to the market that are truly life changing to the patient population suffering from rare respiratory disorders.
In this role, you will be accountable for stakeholder engagement and communication priorities in Canada. Additionally, you will be responsible for building regional relationships with stakeholders and will be accountable for the development and execution of the company’s advocacy strategy.
- In collaboration with the Director, Public Affairs, develop regional stakeholder communications strategies and plans that support organizational goals and objectives.
- Analyzes and interprets government policies, evaluate potential impact to organization's operation.
- Develop and update the Public Affairs team on the landscape and provide insights that will help ensure the overarching strategy is aligned.
- Works to secure meetings with government officials.
- Conduct communications and interacts with government officials and agencies.
- Acts as a liaison between the legislative entities and the organization, responsible for any related queries.
- Reviews internal policies, plans, programs to ensure consistency with corresponding government interactions (e.g. registering as a lobbyist if applicable within the province).
- Provides Canadian team with regular reports on business opportunities and monitors legislation affecting company policies.
Patient Advocacy and Engagement:
- Build and maintain relationships with patient organizations on policy issues related to access to medicines and life sciences innovation.
- Collaborate with patient organizations and advocates on issues relating to access to medicines while respecting their independence and autonomy.
- Be an ambassador for the corporate brand and reputation at community events.
- Monitor and provide briefing notes to the senior management team on policy and legislative changes that may affect the patient community
- In collaboration with Corporate Communications, develop stakeholder communications strategies.
- Develop Canadian-specific communications products such as key messaging and talking points/Q&A to articulate the organizations value proposition, importance of timely access to approved medicines, and policy positions for use during interactions with external stakeholders.
- Develop and implement appropriate issues management and crisis communications plans as required.
- University degree in political science, business administration or a related field.
- Must have experience working at a senior level in a stakeholder relationship role with a biotech/pharmaceutical company.
- Knowledge of the patient advocacy community and understanding of the patient/caregiver experience in rare diseases is an asset.
- Experience working in a corporate communications role is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with strong written and verbal communication abilities, and demonstrated capacity to work effectively with all levels.
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently across Canada and must have the ability to travel internationally including to the United States.
If the opportunity to work with an industry leading organization providing an attractive compensation package is of interest to you, please apply in confidence directly to Brent Dodge (Recruitment Consultant), email@example.com.
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with a dozen offices in Canada, a staff of more than 50 Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on clients’ needs and candidates’ goals.