Lock Search Group is a leading permanent placement recruiting firm and our client is one of Canada’s leading national distributors of building products in the construction market (residential, commercial, and industrial).
Their business is growing, and they are looking for results driven individuals to join their Strategic Development Trainee Program to groom them for future leadership positions.
This program will allow recent graduates to discover and learn every aspect of the business in a setting that is focused on training new skills.
What you’ll get:
- Top-of-class sales development program with a focus on grooming for leadership roles
- Amazingly thorough training with a strong emphasis on mentorship
- Unlimited potential for internal growth
The first part of the program will be spent in a regional branch where you will learn exactly the business from the ground up - shipping and receiving, counter sales, and operations management.
The second part of the program will hone your skills on the customer-focused side of things, where you will be learning inside and outside sales.
Throughout the program, your on-the-job experience is supplemented with coaching by experienced mentors, customer visits, and a variety of training courses. Upon successful completion from the program, you will be promoted (but not limited) to Senior Account Manager, Technical Sales Specialist, Purchaser, Operations Manager and more!
This unique Development Program is, in essence, a rotational program as follows:
1. Warehouse Logistics
- Develop a thorough knowledge of all company products on the floor
- Learn the flow from product to the vendor to customer
- Get to experience the support side of sales
- Work with inventory and order management
- Get a behind the scenes look at pricing controls, financial statements, and credit management
- Have direct customer interaction with counter sales – focusing on the high level of customer services and sales
3. Project Management/Inside Sales
- Start taking on larger customers (bigger projects, corporations)
4. Account Management/Outside Sales
- Build strong and lasting customer relationships
- Hunt for new business opportunities and sell products
- Manage a customer through a contract
- University Degree or Diploma is preferred
- Enthusiastic, positive, people-oriented personality
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Results-oriented mindset
- Team player
- Work well with minimal supervision and take ownership and initiative
- Valid Driver's license with clean abstract
- Competitive Base Salary
- Benefits and Pension Plan
- Annual Bonus
- 2 weeks vacation
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply directly please send your resume to TaraLynn Dent, Recruitment Associate by using the “Apply Now” button.
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted.