Lock Search Group: Operations Manager
Our client is a world leading independent bottler for retailers and A-brands in Europe and North America. Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Manager of Operations is responsible for driving and managing all manufacturing and order fulfillment activities at the facility, while maintaining efficient production in desired quality and quantity. They will develop and lead the Plant Production team, & Warehouse team in achieving or exceeding key performance indicators for safety, environment, quality, customer service and cost. They are responsible for building and developing a strong team of decision makers and future leaders of the organization.
- Operate the production & warehouse departments in accordance with corporate and plant policies, customer requirements, approved budgets.
- Provide leadership for production & warehousing and set objectives for the departments based on corporate goals and customer needs.
- Directly observe production & warehouse departments on a regular basis to ensure the quality of production & adherence to sanitation and safety standards.
- Maintains effective communication of expectations and goals throughout the respective environment.
- Ensures the fulfillment of customer orders within the specifications of quality, quantity and cost.
- Manages the assigned business metrics including yield, labor efficiency, and overhead expenses.
- Maintains effective communication of expectations and goals throughout the plant environment.
- Develop and communicate business impact with weekly, monthly, and quarterly performance reports and presentations in Excel and Power Point. Make regular presentations to Managements teams on performance.
- Ensure compliance to all OHSA and environmental regulatory and corporate standards. Investigate and identify root causes of any non-compliance.
- Co-chair of the Joint Health & Safety team with objective to ensure health & safety of facility.
- Accountable for a safe working environment through the development of strategies focused on accident reduction as well as energy and waste minimization.
- Oversee effective deployment of human resources throughout the plant and ensure the correct administration of the collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Responsible for reviewing SQF Annual Review checklist and responsible for those areas falling within scope of responsibility.
- Back up to Plant Manager.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field.
- 10 years+ relevant work experience in Management.
- Experience in Food/ Beverage Manufacturing preferred
- Proficient in Excel, Word, SAP & Power Point
- Proven Leadership experience in a Production & Warehouse/Distribution environment
- Strong team player who is able to work across multiple functions
- Ability to analyze and solve problems, results oriented
- Able to work under deadline pressures
- Organized and detail oriented, adaptable to change
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written