Regional Commercial Underwriter – P&C Insurance
My client is a leading Canadian insurer with an establish history of servicing Canadians coast to coast. Recognized as a respected and forward thinking, P&C insurer, we are looking to help grow their team across Canada. I am currently recruiting for a Regional Commercial Underwriter, based out of the Vancouver regional office. If you are an experienced commercial P&C underwriter looking to join an established company who values their people and clients, this could be the next career move for you!
- Analyze and assess new submissions
- Negotiate renewals and policy endorsements
- Negotiate terms & conditions of risks acceptance
- Develop and maintain broker relations
- Work closely with producers and brokers, providing technical support and expertise
- Continuously develop and drive new business opportunities
- Minimum 5 years commercial lines underwriting experience in P&C
- Post-secondary education preferred, or insurance specific education with a CIP completed or close to completion
- Experienced underwriting complex property and liability accounts
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong relationship building skills
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with a dozen offices in Canada, a staff of more than 30 Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on clients’ needs and candidates’ goals.