Medical Communication & Publications Manager
Our client is a Global pharmaceutical company, with a focus in vaccine development. They have asked Michael Villeneuve of Lock Search Group to assist them in their search for a Medical Communication (MC) & Publications Manager to join their team. This position is based in Cambridge, MA.
Overview of Position:
The Medical Communication & Publications Manager is involved in the implementation and execution of the strategic medical communication that is built in collaboration with the Medical Affairs leadership. The MC & Publications Manager is responsible for implementing internal and external communications of key scientific data and to manage, track and contribute to the development of medical and scientific communication materials in collaboration with R&D, Commercial and Health Policy. The MC & Publications Manager will work cross functionally with Clinical development and Medical Affairs scientific leads to manage the process of publication of Phase II/III/IV clinical trials.
- Manage Operations of Publications, Abstracts and Posters; facilitate team calls to review progress of manuscripts and congress planning progress. Arrange for medical writing support once publication plan is recognized. Ensure that the vendor selected is trained on internal policies, Good Publication Practice (GPP) Guidelines, internal compliance requirements and authorship criteria.
- Oversight of manuscript submission for RD disclosure review including manuscripts (primary and secondary), abstracts and posters for review and approval prior to submission to journals and congresses.
- Work closely with the Medical Affairs team and key cross-functional stakeholders in the development of a communication plan and materials for each product. The communication materials includes product related slide deck modules and manuscripts aligning with the scientific narrative of the product portfolio.
- Ensure consistent cross-functional communication and collaboration on ongoing publication projects and project updates with key stakeholders internally and externally.
- Develop and update important internal documents such as the Scientific Pillars and Platforms and product compendia to support the Medical Plan and Medical Communication strategy, in collaboration with Medical leads and ensure accessibility of documents to the Medical Affairs’ team.
- Monitor the scientific literature, identify and highlight for Medical Affairs, key influenza and related publications relevant to the company. Through email and biweekly company newsletter, disseminate key scientific literature alerts to internal colleagues cross functionally.
- Manage vendor relationships including, contracts, invoicing and payment and budget management for publications support activities.
- Bachelor’s degree with an advanced scientific degree (e.g. PharmD, PHD, MD). Background in infectious disease and/or vaccinology preferred.
- 5 years or more experience with a minimum of 2 years in pharmaceutical industry.
- Prior experience in the Pharmaceutical industry as a Publications Manager is preferred.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge and proficiency with general office procedures such as commonly used office software (e.g., MS Office-Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project)
- Knowledge of PubsHub or similar publication management software and SAP software a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of business management processes, vaccine development processes and Good Publication Practice (GPP) Guidelines.
- Excellent presentation skills and experience creating slide deck modules for internal and external communication.
- Strong team leadership and management skills
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to develop collaborative relationships and work effectively with all levels of management.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work autonomously as well as collaboratively within cross-functional teams.
- Experience in effectively managing consultants and vendors.
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume to Michael Villeneuve via the “apply now” button.