Senior Commercial Underwriter
Our client is a longstanding, reputable Insurance firm. They have Jordan Taylor of Lock Search Group to assist them in their search for a Commercial Underwriter to join their team in Winnipeg.
The Commercial Underwriter is responsible for analyzing the acceptability of complex and high premium volume business according to company guidelines by working collaboratively with the sales force and providing value added expertise and service to both potential and existing policyholders.
- Perform commercial risk analysis using technology as well as external data sources for the purposes of quoting, negotiating and authorizing the acceptance of risk
- Arrange reinsurance or subscribing companies where appropriate
- Determine eligibility for policy renewals based on guidelines and retention goals of the company
- Maintain accurate records of decisions made and maintain completeness of policy data
- Communicate decisions and respond to requests in a prompt and professional manner
- Act as a subject matter expert for insurance policies, processes, regulations, and audit
- Mentor and train less experienced team members
- Participate in periodic work reviews for quality assurance purposes
- Support the development and implementation of business change
- Responsible for efficient handling of work assignments, including calls
- Positively influence team members and provide short term direction effectively working towards team goals
- Foster positive working relationships with internal and external parties, including networking at industry events
- Post-Secondary education or related business experience
- Five years Property and Casualty industry experience
- Completed or actively pursuing a Property and Casualty Industry Designation
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to review information carefully and comprehensively
- Excellent decision-making skills with the ability to provide justification
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present information in a convincing manner
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to identify and implement solutions.
- Adapts to change and performs effectively under pressure
- Ability to multi-task and monitor progress to meet deadlines
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume in confidence to Jordan Taylor via the “apply now” button.