Lock Search Group is a leading permanent placement recruiting firm and we are currently recruiting for a Production Manager for a leading food and nutrition company supplying care and social markets located in Ottawa.
In this role, you would be responsible for delivering a first-class health & safety record, managing an effective labor plan, controlling the budget, and driving efficiencies. You will be key in helping the company achieve its ambitious profit and growth targets through a combination of day-to day support of the production floor, human resource development and the creation of tactics to achieve goals. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a can-do attitude, proactive and positive outlook. They will be a team player with the ability to manage people and processes on time and always seek to exceed expectations.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Develop teams that are highly motivated, multi-skilled and KPI driven.
- Achieve production plan on a weekly and monthly basis to ensure a high fill rate to customers.
- Assisting with the implementation of lean manufacturing to ensure its effectiveness throughout the operation.
- Understand all the factors effecting production costs and proactively work with the extended team to find ways to continually drive down the unit cost without compromise to safety or quality.
- Continuous improvements in health & safety delivering year on year improvements.
- Continuous improvement for waste management and environmental factors, understanding the waste streams, setting targets.
- Strive to improve product quality and take an active role in the reduction of customer complaints and the cost of rejected product.
- Create a plan that will improve the working conditions for all our staff and create depth and caliber that is appropriate for our future needs.
- Lead & develop your supervisors to fulfil their potential & manage the KPI’s to drive quality, safety, and performance.
- Participate as a key member of our Operations Management Team
Education and Experience:
- Relevant post-secondary education qualification
- Experience working in a manufacturing plant environment in a supervisory and/or management position.
- High level understanding and demonstrable experience of lean manufacturing
- Thorough understanding of the relationship of components within bills of material
- Evidence of an ability to motivate and empower others.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience of large-scale food production, preferably short shelf life or frozen foods
- Understanding of a HACCP Plan, SQF Level 3 standards and Federally inspected meat facility operations
- Experience of managing a unionized workforce.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume to Michael Villeneuve using the “Apply” button. You can also submit your resume directly to Michael Villeneuve at email@example.com, indicating “Production Manager” in the title of the email.
Thank you to all applicants but only qualified candidates will be contacted.