Are you a senior business leader with CPG manufacturing experience seeking a truly legacy making opportunity? Passion for food and healthy products? Perhaps you are a business architect with a tremendous track record of entrepreneurial success? If you are inching closer to the screen in anticipation to learn more then keep reading.
Our client, a publicly traded entity, is an entrepreneurial leader in the Plant Based Protein space focusing on a vision to develop a collection of healthy, tasty, and appealing plant-based food alternatives. We are seeking a dynamic and acutely dialed in business leader to join the team as President.
As the President you will be a critical member of the leadership team reporting directly to the Co-Founder. You will be expected to hold a seat on the Board of the company working collaboratively with the C-Suite and downstream with all functions of the business. Primary focus in the role will be to manage strategic direction of the publicly traded company as they continue to scale for unprecedented growth by enhancing business operations, implementing best in class policies, and optimizing the organization by way of systems.
As the ideal candidate you will bring a best in class track record at senior levels working for publicly traded companies, well rounded understanding of financial management of a thriving business working with the CFO/Finance team and M&A success integrating businesses and brands together. Harnessing your entrepreneurial spirit, you know how to manage upstream to shareholders and investors while managing the detailed strategic direction for Commercialization, Production, Supply Chain, and Investor Relations.
- Carry out direction and policies of the board. Responsible for maintaining and growing company’s brand and mission to develop healthy and delicious plant-based food alternatives.
- Identify, evaluate, advise, and report new business opportunities specific to M&A and capital investments.
- P&L management for the business running all aspects of a manufacturing company. Working closely with the CFO and Finance team to ensure optimal financial performance.
- Enhance, advise, and create digital systems for the business to operate including ERP and CRM tools.
- Ongoing annual commercial business plan development and implementation through the organization.
- Quarterly reporting to the Board and Shareholders on company performance metrics.
- Assist in production and manufacturing expansion plans working with the Operations leadership team.
- Scaling of the commercial facing team to align to industry best practices with a forward-thinking approach to team structure and market penetration.
- 10+ years of strong senior level corporate experience working for mid – large sized food manufacturers with an accompaniment of working for successful start up companies.
- Shareholder and Investor Relations for a Canadian publicly traded company.
- Experience managing businesses that operate in Canada and the US.
- Strong track record of Financial Management with acute P&L experience.
- Distribution channel expertise across Wholesale, Commercial, Ecommerce and Retail channels.
- CPG customer relationships with premium Grocery and Mass channel retailers in Canada and the US.
- Co-packing relationships and success finding best in class packaging solutions for food products.
- M&A success integrating brands and businesses together.
- Team leadership building and igniting high performance teams in Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing and Distribution.
- Business management for regions outside North America an asset.
- Education: MBA and/or accounting designation preferred.
We are pursuing the perfect mix of a skilled entrepreneur with public company experience combined with CPG manufacturing that is interested to build a legacy with a collaborative and energetic team. Part of being an ideal candidate means you are comfortable being the face of a growing public company while strategically managing the internal business cultivating the current culture that has helped them to be successful.
The opportunity comes with a dynamic working environment, competitive compensation package and equity in the company. If the profile above describes your personality and skill set, then let us get to work to learn more about the opportunity.
Simply click on the "apply" button below or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Looking forward to chatting!
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with a dozen offices in Canada, a staff of more than 50 Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on clients’ needs and candidates’ goals.