Senior Manager, Sales Training and Education - Consumer Packaged Goods (14-month contract role)
Our client, an incredibly fast-growing and VERY desirable Consumer Packaged Goods company (CPG) within Toronto is looking for a Senior Manager, Sales Training and Education to partner with their sales team for a 14-month contract.
The Senior Manager, Sales Training and Education is responsible for creating and implementing a strategic educational plan that supports the training and development of the sales teams and customers. Working with other members of the sales teams, this role will assess and measure what skills need to be trained, liaise and partner with training vendors, implement training strategies, and track training success. This individual will work closely with the sales team to ensure that up to date educational resources and training to support customer education are provided.
Possible relevant industry backgrounds for the ideal candidate could be Healthcare, Beverage/Alcohol, Cannabis, Cosmetics/Beauty, Electronics, CPG.
- Assess skills, knowledge, performance, and productivity and implement strategic training that support developmental and training gaps
- Oversee training in key areas including onboarding, continuing education and development through existing company resources and external training agencies.
- Identify current/future training needs and create a training curriculum to support appropriate training
- Audit training for gaps in knowledge and performance to ensure high productivity/efficiency of teams
- Communicate with all levels of Sales leadership to ensure alignment with implementation of training programs
- Develop and encourage key milestones within the curriculum and peer education
- Oversee the development/facilitation of new employee onboarding processes
- Design and implement educational resource hub that support ongoing education for salesforce and customer education
- Develop and coordinate professional development programs with HR such as annual performance reviews, career planning, etc.
- Work with Provincial Sales Managers and Sales Directors re overseeing the performance and development of the field sales team.
- 2+ years experience in training is preferred
- Experience in designing and implementing curricula preferred
- 2+ years experience in a Sales role is preferred
- Excellent team-building, organization, as well as leadership skills
- Proficient in Excel and google excel
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Internally motivated
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with a dozen offices in Canada, a staff of more than 50 Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on clients’ needs and candidates’ goals.