Our client operates an award-winning pub that has been named one of Canada’s Top 50 restaurants, among other sought after industry accolades. They are seeking a progressive Executive Chef who is excited about leading a high performing team and pushing culinary boundaries.
- Inspire the team to always deliver a customer experience beyond expectations
- Management of the pub kitchen and associated food/beverage arms of the business, including by not limited to management of personnel and profitability.
- Oversee the hiring of kitchen team members and introduce new recipes/teach new techniques
- Responsible for the quality of all dishes that leave the kitchen
- Work with owners to create seasonal menus and innovative plating standards for exceptional presentation
- Oversee the introduction and supervision of menus in sister companies
- Empower sous chefs to maintain food/labour costs, supplies, scheduling, training of the cooks, dishwashers, cleaners, etc.
- Proactively obtain feedback on food and service quality
- Participate in publicity and marketing events
- Maintain impeccable personal hygiene and safety standards
- Establish relationships with local Health Inspectors and adhere to all provincial regulations
- A combined 10 years of culinary education and/or management-level experience
- Advanced knowledge of food profession principles and practices
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
- Passion for keeping up with cooking trends and best practices
- Excellent knowledge of BOH systems, ordering and inventory controls
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Available to work on call, shifts, after hours, over weekends, and on public holidays