Laboratory Manager (12-month contract with the possibility of extension)
Our client, a Canadian organization rapidly growing in the in the genetic field have asked Michael Villeneuve of Lock Search Group to assist them in their search for a Laboratory Manager in Ottawa.
The Laboratory Manager will be responsible for coordinating the day-to-day operations and production of the Laboratory, as well as, providing direction to the Laboratory staff.
- Oversee and direct the daily operations and production of the laboratory.
- Participate in the production, review, and ongoing maintenance of Laboratory Standard Operating Procedures
- Production planning and scheduling.
- Provide daily supervision and direction to the Laboratory team.
- Monitoring of laboratory performance against KPI.
- Oversee administration of laboratory and quality assurance documentation and records and ensures daily updates into systems are completed.
- Ensures laboratory supplies are maintained at acceptable levels.
- Provides input and information into annual budgeting process, inclusive of technology, systems, capacity planning and human capital needs.
- Investigate & troubleshoot production related issues.
- Ensure laboratory supplies are maintained.
- Bachelor of Science or master’s in biology or a related field.
- Experience in a lab production setting.
- Critical thinking.
- Excellent communication & collaboration skills.
- Previous experience using ERP systems is an asset.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and people management experience.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume to Michael Villeneuve using the “Apply” button.
You can also submit your resume directly to Michael Villeneuve at firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating “Laboratory Manager” in the title of the email.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.