Our client is a Canadian organization in the food production industry. They have asked Cornelius Wong of Lock Search Group to assist them in their search for a Dispatcher (Afternoons). This position is based out of their facility in Brampton.
The Dispatcher’s responsibility is to route and schedule drivers for pick-ups and deliveries to customers and vendors.
- Schedule drivers to pick up or deliver loads to customers or vendors
- Responsible for keeping records and answering internal / external phone calls
- Administer after hour customer service requests numbers
- Sign off on Driver Transportation Security Sheets
- Monitor fleet movement and operations through the day
- Support compliance of Incident Investigations.
- Monitor drivers’ hours of service and availability of equipment
- LTL load optimization and planning
- Minimum 3 years of Dispatch experience
- At least 1 year of experience managing unionized drivers
- Previous experience with GTA and downtown Toronto routing would be considered an asset
- Working knowledge of GMP, HACCP, BRC, food safety & quality
- Problem identification and solving capabilities with the ability to work under pressure in a fast- paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and attention to detail (accuracy)
- General computer skills
- Post-Secondary Diploma in Supply Chain, Business Administration or equivalent an asset
- Certification or designation in Supply Chain Management (i.e. CSCMP) is an asset
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume in confidence to Cornelius Wong via the “apply now” button.