Senior Scientist, Chemistry
Our client is seeking a Senior Scientist based in Montreal to join their dynamic medicinal chemistry research team. We are looking for an experienced medicinal chemist with established scientific leadership skills in drug discovery. The company is growing at a rapid pace with challenging and exciting opportunities for experienced professionals.
- Design small molecules inhibitors of target proteins with desired drug-like properties that meet a specified target compound profile.
- Interpret SAR with a clear understanding of relevant biological and ADME data.
- Provide direct scientific leadership of a team of internal and external chemists to meet program objectives.
- Participate in the development of scientific goals for specific programs.
- Interact with molecular modelling, biology and DMPK colleagues to help form program strategy.
- Execute multi-step, complex organic syntheses in a timely, efficient, and independent manner.
- Ph.D. degree in Organic Chemistry.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant employment experience in the field of drug discovery.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Leadership experience working with internal and external scientific teams.
- Excellent laboratory skills, knowledge of contemporary synthetic methods.
- Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Experience with computer software relevant to laboratory research and data interpretation.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume to Céline Chabée using the “Apply” button.
You can also submit your resume directly to Céline Chabée at firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating “Senior Scientist, Chemistry” in the title of the email.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.