Plant Manager – Medical Device Manufacturing
Relocation within Canada will be considered.
Our client is a leading, Global Fortune 500 company. They have asked Michael Villeneuve of Lock Search Group to assist them in their search for a Plant Manager for their medical device manufacturing division. This position is based in Ottawa. Relocation within Canada will be considered.
The Plant Manager is part of a global operations leadership team providing direction to the company’s manufacturing, engineering, supply chain and logistics operations to achieve high priority business objectives and operational goals.
This position reports to the Vice President Supply Chain and Manufacturing (USA based)
- Partner with the business leadership team to understand strategic and annual business objectives to translate them into pragmatic operational strategies and programs with defined measures of success
- Effectively communicate the company vision and direction down through the operations, and operational performance and priorities outward to management and peers
- Collaborate with peers in both the business unit, as well as the broader company supply chain, to innovate, pilot and apply best practices across the supply chain
- Promote a quality culture throughout operations, grounded on natural compliance to policies, procedures, and regulations, and sustained through reinforcement of “quality first” behaviors at all levels of management
- Provide strong support for and governance of program management to ensure critical initiatives across the operation achieve their performance, schedule, and cost targets
- Provide direction, motivation, and resources to the Operations team to assist their development of highly effective operational systems, tools, and training programs
- Guide and support the capacity planning of operational resources (materials/tools/equipment/people) to ensure alignment with demand, proper contingency and surge, and suitable depth of cross-trained talent
- Develop and hold your team accountable to executing within an annual operating plan, providing monthly and quarterly updates to proactively manage opportunities and risks
- Provide effective operations/maintenance management, ensuring that all reports and related activities are completed within required guidelines and operational parameters
- Establishing and monitoring key performance metrics, notably leading indicators
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial Engineering, or other engineering discipline
- MBA, masters and/or PhD in a related field is highly desirable
- 10-15 years of progressively responsible experience in Manufacturing
- Prior experience working for a company whose products and processes are FDA regulated is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years Senior Manufacturing Management experience principally focused on operations
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume in confidence to Michael Villeneuve via the “apply now” button.