Director of Sales
Rare does an opportunity arise to join a hyper growth company within an explode growth CPG Food category. Our client, a very well positioned and fast-growing plant-based food manufacturing company is gearing up for their next stage of growth and we are seeking a sales leader to join their team. As the Director of Sales, you will work with the CEO and President to leverage your knowledge and relationships with major banners and brokers in Canada and the US to strategically build the sales team for future growth. This position presents a phenomenal opportunity to secure a seat with a business poised to be a leader in the plant-based food space.
- Grow the business through a data led approach leveraging your existing network with various brokers in the US and Canada
- Working on the Leadership Team you will work directly with the CEO & President on business development strategy, specifically on banner development and broker management
- Proactively assesses, clarify, and validate customer needs on an ongoing basis
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key customer stakeholders
- Effectively communicate new portfolio opportunities to the business
- Effectively communicate Key Account plans to regional team & monitors (field) store level execution
- Create, establish, and maintain high level banner relationships
- Collaborate with marketing, category management, and R&D teams to leverage expertise around future business building initiatives related to in-store activations, key insights, and innovation pipelines
- Controls costs & increases profitability; negotiate pricing & promotions effectively
- Manage customer agreements with a consistent process, policy & administration
- Conduct quarterly business reviews for the leadership team
- Own the banner P&L for the portfolio and associated expenses
- Elevate the level of selling acumen with the team including sales and overall business development, managing key accounts promotional calendars and incremental opportunities
- Banner metrics for data extraction, management, and insights to provide sales and marketing tools to deliver incremental listings and distribution
- 10 + years senior sales for a CPG manufacturing companies
- Undergraduate degree. Preferred MBA or Business focus
- ERP & CRM experience with high proficiency
- Canadian and US National Banner Experience in Grocery, Mass, and Specialty
- Food Service Distributor and Customer management. Industrial experience an asset
- Broker Management experience in Canada and US
- Highly developed written (business and creative) and verbal communication skills, tact, assertiveness, and business acumen
- Hands on team player and organizational leader with the ability to work collaboratively and cross functionally to achieve optimal results
- Exceptional organizational skills with strong detail orientation, strong multi-tasking, and prioritization abilities
- Entrepreneurial spirit coupled with the intellectual curiosity and personal drive to “make a difference”
- Excellent presentation and selling skills across multiple audiences of management and national accounts
The company provides a competitive compensation package, flexible work arrangements accompanied by a Tier 1 leadership team and peer group. If you have the skill set and requirements we are seeking and would like to learn more about this fantastic opportunity, please reach out asap. I look forward to hearing from you!
To apply directly please send your resume to Ryan Berrecloth by using the “Apply Now” button.
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with a dozen offices in Canada, a staff of more than 50 Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on clients’ needs and candidates’ goals.